REPORT: Arkansas man arrested for making death threats against CNN anchor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
MOUNTAIN HOME, Ark. – A 39-year-old Arkansas man was arrested on election day after he allegedly made more than 40 calls to CNN headquarters, some of which included death threats against CNN anchor Don Lemon.
Benjamin Craig Matthews of Mountain Home faces five felony counts of terroristic threatening, nine misdemeanor counts of harassing communications and four misdemeanor counts of second-degree terroristic threatening. He was being held in the Baxter County jail in lieu of a $15,000 bond.
The article goes on to state the following:
Authorities in Atlanta say the calls to CNN began on Oct. 31. Matthews allegedly made three calls to the network that day. In one of the calls, Matthews reportedly threatened to beat up Lemon. During another that day, Matthews was reportedly verbally abusive with an operator.
Matthews is accused of calling the network the next day six times in the span of 23 minutes. During one of the calls Matthews reportedly asked to be directed to Lemon’s “dead body hanging from a tree.”
An Arkansas man is charged after investigators say he threatened the life of a CNN journalist. Investigators say Benjamin Craig Matthews called CNN more than 40 times and talked about seeing the anchor “cut up in little pieces” like the movie “Saw.” https://t.co/Hc2BZWdO7b
— Local 24 News (@LocalMemphis) November 7, 2018
A 39-year-old Arkansas man has been arrested after making more than 40 threatening phone calls to CNN between Oct 31 and Nov 2
Benjamin Craig Matthews remains jailed on $15,000 bond. Matthews faces multiple counts of making terrorist threats and harassing communications. pic.twitter.com/wx2OyfQ1Ng
— Maggie Jordan (@MaggieJordanACN) November 8, 2018
Benjamin Craig Matthews, 39, of Mountain Home has been arrested for making threatening calls to CNN headquarters. The calls, according to the Baxter Bulletin, included death threats to anchor Don Lemon.
— Arkansas Times (@ArkTimes) November 8, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy