REPORT: Around 100 migrant caravan members have been kidnapped by human traffickers, Mexican officials warn
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
Around 100 members of a refugee and migrant caravan traveling towards the US have reportedly fallen victim to organized crime as they moved through Mexico.
Thousands streamed into Mexico City on Monday to seek shelter in a sports stadium on the eve of US midterm elections in which Donald Trump has repeatedly warned about the advancing caravan and ordered thousands of troops to the border.
The article goes on to state the following:
But around 100 members, including children, did not arrive in Mexico City because they were kidnapped along the route and handed to organised crime groups, Arturo Peimbert, ombudsman for the human rights commission in Oaxaca, told HuffPost Mexico.
Mr Peimbert said they were kidnapped in the state of Puebla as they attempted to reach the capital from Veracruz.
— sonny creasy (@sonny_creasy) November 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting YAHOO.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…