REPORT: Around 100 migrant caravan members have been kidnapped by human traffickers, Mexican officials warn
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
Around 100 members of a refugee and migrant caravan traveling towards the US have reportedly fallen victim to organized crime as they moved through Mexico.
Thousands streamed into Mexico City on Monday to seek shelter in a sports stadium on the eve of US midterm elections in which Donald Trump has repeatedly warned about the advancing caravan and ordered thousands of troops to the border.
The article goes on to state the following:
But around 100 members, including children, did not arrive in Mexico City because they were kidnapped along the route and handed to organised crime groups, Arturo Peimbert, ombudsman for the human rights commission in Oaxaca, told HuffPost Mexico.
Mr Peimbert said they were kidnapped in the state of Puebla as they attempted to reach the capital from Veracruz.
— sonny creasy (@sonny_creasy) November 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Submit News
- REPORT: Twitter goes wild over Nancy Pelosi’s yellow motorcycle jacket
- REPORT: Boy who was slashed in the throat by mom dies while standing in lunch line at school
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- DML LIVE: How to email your disgust to Fox News for screwing Trump (Fri – June 14)
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- CLAIM: School system having 10-year-old girls conduct “condom races”