REPORT: Around 100 migrant caravan members have been kidnapped by human traffickers, Mexican officials warn
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
Around 100 members of a refugee and migrant caravan traveling towards the US have reportedly fallen victim to organized crime as they moved through Mexico.
Thousands streamed into Mexico City on Monday to seek shelter in a sports stadium on the eve of US midterm elections in which Donald Trump has repeatedly warned about the advancing caravan and ordered thousands of troops to the border.
The article goes on to state the following:
But around 100 members, including children, did not arrive in Mexico City because they were kidnapped along the route and handed to organised crime groups, Arturo Peimbert, ombudsman for the human rights commission in Oaxaca, told HuffPost Mexico.
Mr Peimbert said they were kidnapped in the state of Puebla as they attempted to reach the capital from Veracruz.
— sonny creasy (@sonny_creasy) November 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- VIDEO: Trump called supporter to apologize for mocking his weight, supporter responds
- VIDEO: Disgraced former Trump staffers Scaramucci and Omarosa discuss the president’s ‘mental decline’
- OpEd: Washington owes Justice Neil Gorsuch an apology
- VIDEO: Maher slams far-left Dems for backing anti-Israel BDS movement
- EXCLUSIVE: Residents flock to greet ‘Trump Unity Bridge’ driving through town (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Multiple Texas cities hit with coordinated ransomware attacks