REPORT: Around 100 migrant caravan members have been kidnapped by human traffickers, Mexican officials warn
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by YAHOO.COM:
Around 100 members of a refugee and migrant caravan traveling towards the US have reportedly fallen victim to organized crime as they moved through Mexico.
Thousands streamed into Mexico City on Monday to seek shelter in a sports stadium on the eve of US midterm elections in which Donald Trump has repeatedly warned about the advancing caravan and ordered thousands of troops to the border.
The article goes on to state the following:
But around 100 members, including children, did not arrive in Mexico City because they were kidnapped along the route and handed to organised crime groups, Arturo Peimbert, ombudsman for the human rights commission in Oaxaca, told HuffPost Mexico.
Mr Peimbert said they were kidnapped in the state of Puebla as they attempted to reach the capital from Veracruz.
— sonny creasy (@sonny_creasy) November 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit YAHOO.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting YAHOO.COM
Trending on DML News
- TRUMP TWEET: Presidential Harassment
- BREAKING: Barr reveals timeline to release redacted Mueller report
- Submit News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”