VIDEO: ‘Art of the Deal’ author weighs in on McCain drama with Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The co-author of President Trump’s famous business book “The Art of the Deal” says the president believes apologizing for a White House aide’s insult against Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) would show weakness.
“He either directly or indirectly made it clear that he didn’t want Sadler to apologize because it would reflect on him,” Tony Schwartz told CNN of White House aide Kelly Sadler, whose leaked comments from an internal meeting about McCain have created a controversy for the White house.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sadler said in the meeting that McCain’s opposition to Trump’s nominee for CIA director “doesn’t matter” because he’s “dying anyway,” according to comments first leaked to The Hill.
The president and the White House have yet to give an official apology for the remarks against the veteran senator, who is battling brain cancer. Trump has previously mocked McCain for being captured in Vietnam.
— Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) May 16, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: North Korea responds to Trump canceling summit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Trump releases letter cancelling North Korea summit
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Comey’s taunt about grandchildren
- VIDEO: Trump’s response to new National Anthem policy sends Dems into orbit
- DML TV: Eerie blue flames in Hawaii raise new fears of explosions
- REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
- VIDEO: Trump wants the ‘whole package’ in an immigration deal
- UPDATE: Evicted 30-year-old who ‘failed to launch’ gets job offer (Video)
- BREAKING: North Korea declares its nuclear test site closed after a ‘huge explosion’
- REPORT: Judge candidate dies 1 day after primary victory