REPORT: Asian American CBS reporter slams Trump tweet about Asians and coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
CBS News White House Correspondent Weijia Jiang took issue with President Trump when he called on the public to protect the Asian American community and not blame it for the coronavirus.
Suggesting that message was derogatory toward Asians, she tweeted, “Trump: Asian *Americans* need protection. Also Trump: ‘They’ are working with ‘us.’”
The article goes on to state the following:
Her tweet came on the heels of a Trump tweet calling for the Asian American community to be protected.
Trump: Asian *Americans* need protection.
Also Trump: “They” are working with “us”. pic.twitter.com/BrN6yfTkCu
— Weijia Jiang (@weijia) March 23, 2020
President Trump had said in a Twitter post on Monday, “It is very important that we totally protect our Asian American community in the United States, and all around the world. They are amazing people, and the spreading of the Virus is NOT their fault in any way, shape, or form. They are working closely with us to get rid of it. WE WILL PREVAIL TOGETHER!”
….is NOT their fault in any way, shape, or form. They are working closely with us to get rid of it. WE WILL PREVAIL TOGETHER!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 23, 2020
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: Data Doesn’t Match Doomsday Media Predictions, Ventilator Concerns, Task Force Doctor Says
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- REPORT: Chilling images of makeshift morgue set up outside NYC hospital amid coronavirus pandemic
- REPORT: Actor demands Trump be removed from office over coronavirus handling
- REPORT: Trump grants major disaster declaration for state of Maryland
- REPORT: Every resident of senior home presumed to have coronavirus
- REPORT: CEO of successful restaurant chain gives up salary for year to pay workers during pandemic
- REPORT: Police Officers Rebuke Media Outlet Over Decision On White House Coronavirus Briefings
- BREAKING: Final coronavirus stimulus bill omits several Pelosi wish list items, but keeps a big one IN