REPORT: Authorities find incomplete, solar-power tunnel leading to Mexico
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABC30.COM:
U.S. and Mexican authorities uncovered an incomplete, solar-powered tunnel connecting the two countries in a remote area east of San Diego.
Border Patrol says the 600 foot long passage led into the small California town of Jacumba.
The tunnel had solar-powered lighting and a ventilation system.
It was also lined with a rail system than ran the entire length of the tunnel and had two sump pumps.
Mexican authorities discovered the tunnel back on Sept. 19.
Officials have found many cross-border tunnels often incomplete.
They say the passages are often used to smuggle drugs from Mexico to the U.S.
To weigh in on this information provided by ABC30.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance