Report: Bannon hires attorney prior to interview with Intel Committee
Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, who was recently lambasted by President Donald J. Trump over unguarded comments made to a journalist, is preparing to appear before the House Intelligence Committee as part of its investigation into allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.
According to a report, Bannon has hired lawyer Bill Burck, a co-managing partner of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP’s Washington, D.C.,office, to represent him during the appearance, currently scheduled for next week.
The Daily Beast reports that Bannon has retained Burck, who is helping Bannon prepare for the interview. “Sources also said Bannon plans to ‘fully cooperate’ with investigators,” the Beast reports.
Burck is familiar with such proceedings, as White House counsel Don McGahn and former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus both hired him in September to represent them. They required his services as they were interviewed for special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian meddling and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, the Washington Examiner reported.
From the Beast:
It is not unheard of for one attorney to represent more than one client on the same matter. But the fact that several key players with Trump administration ties have the same lawyer could irk investigators.
“In general, prosecutors don’t like it when the same attorney represents multiple people who are subjects—or more—because it looks like they’re controlling the story,” said Ken White, a former federal prosecutor who specializes in First Amendment issues, speaking of investigators’ targets.
Bannon has reportedly been trying to avoid becoming publicly entangled in the multiple Russia investigations. However, he was recently quoted as having discussed a meeting at Trump Tower meeting between Donald Trump Jr., Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner and a Kremlin-linked Russian agent, in Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury.”
Allegedly, Bannon describing the meeting as “treasonous,” but later clarified that he’d only been referring to Manafort.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr’s fate on ‘The Conners’ revealed in season premiere
- BREAKING: Nevada brothel owner and GOP candidate found DEAD
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton’s Van Crashes Upon Arrival at Dem Fundraiser, GOP adds background music
- REPORT: Avenatti and Stormy Daniels tear into Trump for calling her ‘Horseface’
- DML offers Trump $50k to favorite charity in exchange for a White House interview
- REPORT: Clinton launches Twitter storm against Trump, begs Dem voters to do something
- EXCLUSIVE: Urgency increases in project pressuring Trump on mandatory E-Verify
- REPORT: Obituary for mom who died of drug overdose goes viral
- REPORT: Why dozens of black senior citizens were ordered off a bus taking them to vote (Photos, Video)
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response