REPORT: Battle erupts over NYT report calling Mexico immigration pact a mirage
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A weekend news report claiming the U.S. immigration pact with Mexico was a hodge-podge of recycled ideas that America’s southern neighbor had already agreed to is coming under fresh criticism, as the Trump administration denies it and a separate report challenges the claims.
The debate follows President Trump’s move to threaten crushing tariffs against Mexico, only to back off late Friday claiming he had extracted an agreement with the country to confront the flow of migrants from Central America. The New York Times, in a report Trump continues to slam, swiftly challenged the administration’s narrative by claiming parts of the agreement were already in the works before the tariff drama.
The article goes on to state the following:
But The Washington Post on Tuesday published a separate report, citing Trump administration and Mexican officials as well as documents, giving a different perspective. The Post called Mexico’s promises “unprecedented” and the measures “more substantial” than promises made by Mexican officials in the past.
Trump blasted the New York Times report, saying it is a “FRAUD” and “ a badly reported ‘hit job’ on me.”
The Post interviewed U.S. officials who were impressed with a promise from Mexico to deploy 6,000 national guard troops to the border between the U.S and Mexico.
According to Mexican government documents, this is “the first time in recent history that Mexico has decided to take operational control of its southern border as a priority.”
I suggest you read the deeply reported @WashingtonPost story this morning. @realDonaldTrump achieved a “big win” and I can’t help it if some reporters don’t have sources like mine and the Post’s: https://t.co/ZEBk8o3wGk
— Hugh Hewitt (@hughhewitt) June 11, 2019
While the reviews and reporting on our Border Immigration Agreement with Mexico have been very good, there has nevertheless been much false reporting (surprise!) by the Fake and Corrupt News Media, such as Comcast/NBC, CNN, @nytimes & @washingtonpost. These “Fakers” are Bad News!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 8, 2019
When will the Failing New York Times admit that their front page story on the the new Mexico deal at the Border is a FRAUD and nothing more than a badly reported “hit job” on me, something that has been going on since the first day I announced for the presidency! Sick Journalism
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 10, 2019
Donald Trump: Mexico Doing More to Stop Migrant Crisis than @DNC @SpeakerPelosi and @SenSchumer No Surprises here. They love illegals and hate America. 😡😡😡@nytimes @washingtonpost @CNN https://t.co/SSKFdjD8Ax
— Eric Reinhold (@EricReinhold4) June 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Oklahoma teen accused of threatening to shoot ‘400 people for fun,’ officers make chilling find at her home
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House