REPORT: Bernie Sanders hires media firm used by Ocasio-Cortez campaign
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Politico:
Bernie Sanders is adding firepower to his political team ahead of a potential 2020 campaign, locking down digital alumni who were key to his surprise performance in 2016 and recruiting the media production company that helped launch Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to prominence.
The flurry of activity, detailed by four people familiar with the campaign’s thinking, is the latest sign that the Vermont senator is closing in on a decision on a second run for the White House.
The article goes on to state the following:
Means of Production, the filmmaking cooperative that created the viral campaign video that propelled Ocasio-Cortez’s House campaign, is in talks with the Sanders team about a major role in 2020. And two people who powered Sanders’ record-breaking small-dollar fundraising operation in 2016have agreed to join a subsequent presidential bid if it materializes, according to a Sanders campaign aide: Tim Tagaris and Robin Curran, his digital fundraising director and digital production director in 2016, respectively.
The aide said another pair that have helped Sanders build a digital media juggernaut out of his Senate office — media producer Armand Aviram and digital director Georgia Parke — are likely to be part of his 2020 team, too.
The behind-the-scenes moves underscore one of Sanders’ key strengths: He is poised to enter the Democratic primary field with a digital operation and social media army that outpaces virtually any other candidate, at least for now. For all the attention on Beto O’Rourke’s online dominance last year, only Sanders would start the campaign on the foundation of a full-fledged, grass-roots presidential campaign.
CLICK HERE to read more from Politico.
It’s time for a New York that works for all of us.
On June 26th, we can make it happen – but only if we have the #CourageToChange.
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) May 30, 2018
Bernie Sanders is staffing up ahead of a potential 2020 campaignhttps://t.co/wYaCwFinWw
— POLITICO (@politico) January 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Politico. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Politico
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?
- VIDEO: Conservative TV host accosted at Trump Hotel over son’s suicide: OPINION: Washington Secrets