REPORT: Beto O’Rourke admits he’s not doing the best job running for president
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke bristled Monday at the suggestion his 2020 campaign was rebooting, but admitted he could improve how he speaks to the country as a whole.
“We’ve been on the road now for eight weeks, traveling to over 15 states, have held more than 150 town halls, running today the same way that we started. But I recognize I can do a better job also of talking to a national audience beyond the town halls,” O’Rourke said during an interview on MSNBC. “I hope that I’m continuing to do better over time, but we’ve been extraordinarily fortunate with the campaign that we’ve run so far.”
The article goes on to state the following:
O’Rourke’s appearance on MSNBC ends a noticeable absence from national television. The former congressman is scheduled to feature on ABC’s “The View” on Tuesday and in a CNN town hall broadcast from Iowa next week. Many political pundits have speculated the change in strategy was triggered by his flagging poll numbers.
O’Rourke was questioned about his grassroots approach to his White House bid in April during a town hall in Arlington, Va. At the time, he told the concerned supporter he preferred to meet voters “eyeball-to-eyeball,” but at some time he “may have to give in and be on your television sets.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales