REPORT: Beto O’Rourke calls for legalizing marijuana following announcement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke on Thursday called for ending the “federal prohibition on marijuana” because of the way US drug laws disproportionately put minorities in prison. O’Rourke, a Texas Democrat who announced earlier Thursday that he was entering the race, said people across the country use drugs at the same rate.
“We can free ourselves from the distinction of being the country that imprisons more of its citizens than any other country on the face of the planet,” he told a group of diners at a restaurant in Keokuk, Iowa. “And guess what: by and large they do not look like this room. They are browner and blacker than most of America. Only some face arrest, faced imprisonment, and when they get out forced to check a box that says they have a conviction which diminishes their opportunities in life to hold a job, to raise a family to get a loan, to be successful.”
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- NYC law professor bashes white people in op-ed