REPORT: Beto O’Rourke to join El Paso anti-Wall march to counter Trump rally
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Potential 2020 Democratic candidatewill speak at a march Monday in his hometown of El Paso against President Trump’s proposed border wall, O’Rourke said Friday. The event will begin at 5 p.m. and O’Rourke is scheduled to speak at 7 p.m., the same time Mr. Trump’s “Make America Great Again” rally is set to start.
“While some try to stoke fear and paranoia, to spread lies and a false narrative about the U.S.-Mexico border and to demand a 2,000 mile wall along it at a time of record safety and security, El Paso will come together for a march and celebration that highlights the truth,” said the statement from O’Rourke’s office.
The article goes on to state the following:
The rally will be held across the street from Mr. Trump’s rally, his first “Make America Great Again” rally of 2020. In the State of Union on Tuesday, Mr. Trump said “considered one of our nation’s most dangerous cities ” until a border wall was built in 2009. “Now, with a powerful barrier in place, El Paso is one of our safest cities,” Mr. Trump said.
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy