REPORT: Bill Gates spent $44M to reform state education
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Bill Gates’ charitable organization has given $44 million to outside groups over the past two years in an effort to help shape individual states’ education plans, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.
The spending by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation went to research supportive of Gates’ interests, bought positive media coverage and helped give the organization a say in Tennessee’s new education framework, according to the AP story.
The article goes on to state the following:
The spending began after then-President Obama signed into law the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) in 2015.
That measure allowed states to write the frameworks for their own education systems, and receive federal funding for sticking to those frameworks. But it also required a set of academic standards, which for most states is Common Core.
Gates has been a vocal advocate for Common Core standards, and, according to the AP, has sought to promote those standards as states work to write their education plans.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist