REPORT: Bill Gates spent $44M to reform state education
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Bill Gates’ charitable organization has given $44 million to outside groups over the past two years in an effort to help shape individual states’ education plans, according to an analysis by The Associated Press.
The spending by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation went to research supportive of Gates’ interests, bought positive media coverage and helped give the organization a say in Tennessee’s new education framework, according to the AP story.
The article goes on to state the following:
The spending began after then-President Obama signed into law the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) in 2015.
That measure allowed states to write the frameworks for their own education systems, and receive federal funding for sticking to those frameworks. But it also required a set of academic standards, which for most states is Common Core.
Gates has been a vocal advocate for Common Core standards, and, according to the AP, has sought to promote those standards as states work to write their education plans.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance
- VIDEO: Police make arrest after 46 people overdose at Connecticut park
- BREAKING: Suspected ISIS member arrested in Sacramento County, allegedly committed ‘most heinous crimes’