REPORT: Billy Bush posts statement reflecting on release of Trump ‘Access Hollywood’ tape two years later
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Billy Bush is reflecting on the backlash two years after surfacing of the controversial “Access Hollywood” tape, in which then-reality star Donald Trump brags about groping and kissing women without their consent.
Bush took to Instagram on Sunday to look back on the two years since the video surfaced just one month before the 2016 presidential election.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Two years ago today, my life went from order to chaos in a dramatic instant,” Bush wrote. “I accounted for my small part, while the President and my employer walked away and still haven’t accounted for their actions. These past couple years have been character building to say the least – anxiety attacks, fits of rage, feelings of betrayal and abandonment – and I have concluded that I am NOT extraordinary. Terrible things can happen at any moment to ANYONE.”
The former “Today” show co-host said the positive outcome of the scandal was that he developed more “empathy, humility and resilience” and learned how to “laugh even in the darkest hour.”
View this post on Instagram
Two years ago today, my life went from order to chaos in a dramatic instant. I accounted for my small part, while the President and my employer walked away and still haven’t accounted for their actions. These past couple years have been character building to say the least – anxiety attacks, fits of rage, feelings of betrayal and abandonment – and I have concluded that I am NOT extraordinary. Terrible things can happen at any moment to ANYONE. On the positive side, I feel grateful to know adversity as intimately as I do, and to have developed more empathy, humility and resilience. And to know you can laugh even in the darkest hour is a blessing. Especially at yourself. I am grateful to God and my family for true love and support, and to all of you for your kindness. I have an idea. Let’s stop tolerating this escalating war on flaws and the obliteration of people for things we all do. It’s fueled by an activist media and (anti) social media and it’s barbaric. We are humans and thus fallible. Let’s take better care of each other. Photo: Oct 7, 2016 at Today Show before chaos struck. @hodakotb and producers dressed me in man spanx. I remember us all hysterically laughing. I still wear them. Shhh
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- BREAKING: Man broke into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s office: Police
- POLL: Most Americans believe Obama improperly surveilled Trump
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- REPORT: Omar fires off angry message to Trump about congressional ‘#MuslimBan’
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- DML LIVE: Update on TeamDML email campaign to Fox News (Sun – June 16)
- REPORT: Rachel Dolezal comes out as bisexual during Pride Month
- 2-year-old sings National Anthem
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez warns of ‘very real risk’ of Trump win in 2020, Trump responds