REPORT: Boeing might face costs for grounded 737 MAX 8 planes, USA last nation flying the jets
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
The U.S. was the sole nation flying Boeing 737 Max 8 planes on Wednesday as the aircraft-manufacturing giant and the Federal Aviation Administration steadfastly defended the safety of the hot-selling jetliners.
Canada joined the vast majority of the world Wednesday in closing its airspace to the planes, two of which have crashed in the last five months, killing more than 300 people.
The groundings could lead to chaos in the world of air traffic – the fleet already includes 74 flown by domestic carriers among almost 400 worldwide. And airlines have ordered 4,661 more of the planes, the newest version of the 737 and best-selling airliner ever.
The article goes on to state the following:
At least one airline wants compensation from Boeing for the cost of parking the jets. Norwegian Air Shuttles spokeswoman Tonje Naess said the carrier, which flies 18 of the planes, should not face “any financial burden for a brand new aircraft that will not to be used.” It was not immediately clear what those costs might be or what Boeing might be pressed to pay.
Norwegian Air Shuttles says it will seek compensation from Boeing for costs associated with grounding its 737 MAX 8 planes. https://t.co/7KNPIwYViu
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) March 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to conclusions on Mueller report with only three words, DML responds
- REPORT: Dr Dre says his daughter got into USC on her own despite $70m donation
- EXCLUSIVE: Eric Trump speaks out on Mueller report, sends message to CNN’s Acosta
- REPORT: Dem 2020 candidate says: Trump ‘Should Never Have Been Able to Come Within Cheating Distance of the Oval Office’
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano urges Hollywood to boycott Georgia over ‘heartbeat’ abortion bill
- Bette Midler goes into meltdown on Twitter, DML makes dig
- REPORT: Sen. Graham sends ominous tweet to Comey
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh lands exciting new job opportunity
- REPORT: Ivanka Trump quotes Abraham Lincoln in response to Mueller report findings
- BREAKING: Second Parkland shooting survivor commits suicide