REPORT: Booker Says Menendez was ‘Vindicated by Regular Folks’ in Court
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Sen. Cory Booker (D., N.J.) said Monday that his fellow New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez was “vindicated” by a jury, despite the fact the jury was split and the judge ruled the case a mistrial.
Booker told Insider NJ that “the guy on the street” looks at Menendez and thinks he dealt with “real government overreach.” Menendez treated the mistrial as vindication in the face of corruption charges, and Booker, who served as Menendez’s character witness and supported him throughout, took the same line.
“He was vindicated in a court of law by regular folks,” Booker said.
The article goes on to state the following:
The “folks” Booker referred to were the jurors who were split over whether to convict Menendez on charges of bribery and corruption. He received hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gifts from friend and co-defendant Salomon Melgen, an eye doctor in Florida, but only two of the 12 jurors agreed with prosecutors that Menendez was guilty of corruption.
“Bob Menendez, by a jury of his peers, was vindicated,” Booker said. “To me this is not that complicated.”
— NJ Spotlight (@njspotlight) August 7, 2018
Booker: Menendez ‘Was Vindicated in a Court of Law by Regular Folks’ https://t.co/2BQLJD8kit
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) August 7, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet