REPORT: Booker Says Menendez was ‘Vindicated by Regular Folks’ in Court
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Sen. Cory Booker (D., N.J.) said Monday that his fellow New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez was “vindicated” by a jury, despite the fact the jury was split and the judge ruled the case a mistrial.
Booker told Insider NJ that “the guy on the street” looks at Menendez and thinks he dealt with “real government overreach.” Menendez treated the mistrial as vindication in the face of corruption charges, and Booker, who served as Menendez’s character witness and supported him throughout, took the same line.
“He was vindicated in a court of law by regular folks,” Booker said.
The article goes on to state the following:
The “folks” Booker referred to were the jurors who were split over whether to convict Menendez on charges of bribery and corruption. He received hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gifts from friend and co-defendant Salomon Melgen, an eye doctor in Florida, but only two of the 12 jurors agreed with prosecutors that Menendez was guilty of corruption.
“Bob Menendez, by a jury of his peers, was vindicated,” Booker said. “To me this is not that complicated.”
— NJ Spotlight (@njspotlight) August 7, 2018
Booker: Menendez ‘Was Vindicated in a Court of Law by Regular Folks’ https://t.co/2BQLJD8kit
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) August 7, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments