REPORT: Booker Says Menendez was ‘Vindicated by Regular Folks’ in Court
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Sen. Cory Booker (D., N.J.) said Monday that his fellow New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez was “vindicated” by a jury, despite the fact the jury was split and the judge ruled the case a mistrial.
Booker told Insider NJ that “the guy on the street” looks at Menendez and thinks he dealt with “real government overreach.” Menendez treated the mistrial as vindication in the face of corruption charges, and Booker, who served as Menendez’s character witness and supported him throughout, took the same line.
“He was vindicated in a court of law by regular folks,” Booker said.
The article goes on to state the following:
The “folks” Booker referred to were the jurors who were split over whether to convict Menendez on charges of bribery and corruption. He received hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gifts from friend and co-defendant Salomon Melgen, an eye doctor in Florida, but only two of the 12 jurors agreed with prosecutors that Menendez was guilty of corruption.
“Bob Menendez, by a jury of his peers, was vindicated,” Booker said. “To me this is not that complicated.”
— NJ Spotlight (@njspotlight) August 7, 2018
Booker: Menendez ‘Was Vindicated in a Court of Law by Regular Folks’ https://t.co/2BQLJD8kit
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) August 7, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Migrants defy police, break through fence at Guatemala-Mexico border (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: University of Montana students spell out messages on mountain ahead of Trump visit
- REPORT: ‘Halloween’ Billboard Hijacked to Target Maxine Waters (PHOTO)
- REPORT: Donor REVEALED for GOP Women’s Group Attacking Trump
- REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
- BREAKING: Uncovered report reveals Claire McCaskill’s husband assaulted and peed on ex-wife
- REPORT: Manafort shows up to court in wheelchair
- BREAKING: White House responds to Saudi Arabia’s report on Khoshoggi’s death
- VIDEO: Thousands of caravan migrants defy Mexico, wait on bridge at border after breaking down fence
- REPORT: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl