REPORT: Booker Says Menendez was ‘Vindicated by Regular Folks’ in Court
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Sen. Cory Booker (D., N.J.) said Monday that his fellow New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez was “vindicated” by a jury, despite the fact the jury was split and the judge ruled the case a mistrial.
Booker told Insider NJ that “the guy on the street” looks at Menendez and thinks he dealt with “real government overreach.” Menendez treated the mistrial as vindication in the face of corruption charges, and Booker, who served as Menendez’s character witness and supported him throughout, took the same line.
“He was vindicated in a court of law by regular folks,” Booker said.
The article goes on to state the following:
The “folks” Booker referred to were the jurors who were split over whether to convict Menendez on charges of bribery and corruption. He received hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gifts from friend and co-defendant Salomon Melgen, an eye doctor in Florida, but only two of the 12 jurors agreed with prosecutors that Menendez was guilty of corruption.
“Bob Menendez, by a jury of his peers, was vindicated,” Booker said. “To me this is not that complicated.”
— NJ Spotlight (@njspotlight) August 7, 2018
Booker: Menendez ‘Was Vindicated in a Court of Law by Regular Folks’ https://t.co/2BQLJD8kit
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) August 7, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- BREAKING: Trump campaign takes legal action, seeks ‘millions’ against Omarosa for violating nondisclosure
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- VIDEO: Omarosa drops new bombshell, makes claim about Trump’s knowledge of hacked DNC emails
- BREAKING: Kansas Gov. concedes race for GOP nomination to Trump ally Kris Kobach (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Katrina Pierson releases statement after Omarosa releases audio discussing ‘N-word’ tape
- DML TV: Heroic mom fights off child-snatcher in broad daylight
- BREAKING: At least 5 shot inside Philadelphia-area Walmart, suspect in custody
- BREAKING: Boy found buried at New Mexico compound died in ritual ceremony, prosecutors say
- REPORT: No More Mondays. School District Moves to 4-Day Weeks