REPORT: Booker Says Menendez was ‘Vindicated by Regular Folks’ in Court
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Sen. Cory Booker (D., N.J.) said Monday that his fellow New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez was “vindicated” by a jury, despite the fact the jury was split and the judge ruled the case a mistrial.
Booker told Insider NJ that “the guy on the street” looks at Menendez and thinks he dealt with “real government overreach.” Menendez treated the mistrial as vindication in the face of corruption charges, and Booker, who served as Menendez’s character witness and supported him throughout, took the same line.
“He was vindicated in a court of law by regular folks,” Booker said.
The article goes on to state the following:
The “folks” Booker referred to were the jurors who were split over whether to convict Menendez on charges of bribery and corruption. He received hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gifts from friend and co-defendant Salomon Melgen, an eye doctor in Florida, but only two of the 12 jurors agreed with prosecutors that Menendez was guilty of corruption.
“Bob Menendez, by a jury of his peers, was vindicated,” Booker said. “To me this is not that complicated.”
— NJ Spotlight (@njspotlight) August 7, 2018
Booker: Menendez ‘Was Vindicated in a Court of Law by Regular Folks’ https://t.co/2BQLJD8kit
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) August 7, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: McConnell responds to news of fiery White House meeting
- VIDEO: Ohio woman’s cancer disappears after groundbreaking clinical trial
- REPORT: The one particular person who wasn’t invited to George H.W. Bush’s funeral
- REPORT: Vice President Pence became a viral meme on Twitter today
- VIDEO: Two Youth Severely Injured after Falling off Border Wall
- REPORT: Dad heard three-year-old daughter scream as uncle slashed her throat (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Sentence announced for Michael Cohen, President Trump’s Ex-Lawyer
- BREAKING: Mexico is closing off border in key region
- VIDEO: Child commits suicide after classmates taunted ‘kill yourself’, bullied her for having white friend
- VIDEO: Democrat refugee Rep-elect Ilhan Omar claims Dems are closer to impeaching Trump