REPORT: Border agent shot, wounded on Arizona ranch
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by KBTX.COM:
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A U.S. Border Patrol agent was wounded in a shooting on an Arizona ranch near the U.S.-Mexico border before dawn Tuesday in a remote area known for drug and migrant smuggling, the agency and the cattleman who owns the property said.
The agent was taken to a hospital after the 4:30 a.m. shooting near the community of Arivaca and several people were detained, a Border Patrol Statement said, providing no information on the agent’s injuries or the circumstances of the shooting.
Jim Chilton, a fifth-generation Arizona cattleman who runs the 50,000-acre (20,230-hectare) ranch, told The Associated Press in an interview that the Border Patrol sent him an email saying the agent was alone when he was wounded on the ranch and was struck in the leg and the hand.
Several bullets also struck the agent’s protective vest, which probably saved his life, Chilton said.
“Without it, he probably would not be with us today,” said the rancher, who is a well-known Arizona backer of President Donald Trump’s efforts to secure the U.S.-Mexico border.
The article goes on to state the following:
About 200 trails meander over Chilton’s ranch and he said the area where the shooting happened is along the most traveled trail. One 14- mile (22-kilometer) side of his ranch is separated from Mexico by a four-strand wire fence.
“We have drug runners coming through our ranch and this has become a very dangerous situation,” Chilton said.
The Arizona Border Patrol announced in a Twitter post Tuesday that several people in the area were taken into custody:
“Tucson Sector #USBP agent was shot this morning south of Arivaca, Arizona and transported to an area hospital for treatment. Several subjects in the area were taken into custody. Updates will be provided as information becomes available to @CBP.“
Tucson Sector #USBP agent was shot this morning south of Arivaca, Arizona and transported to an area hospital for treatment. Several subjects in the area were taken into custody. Updates will be provided as information becomes available to @CBP. #HonorFirst pic.twitter.com/hnJlIUe1sO
— CBP Arizona (@CBPArizona) June 12, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by KBTX.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting KBTX.COM
Trending on DML News
- Hillary raises over $150k in just a few hours for illegals, DML responds
- POLL: Should kids be separated from illegal alien parents at border?
- DML TV: Hillary says Trump spreading downright lies about border, DML responds
- REPORT: Senate votes to block Trump deal
- BREAKING: Senator announces bill to stop family separations at border
- UPDATE: Ex-CIA engineer charged in connection to huge breach known as Vault 7
- BREAKING: Rapper shot and killed in Florida
- REPORT: Florida mom arrested after leaving 3-year-old in car for 12 hours
- REPORT: Kansas Judge Rules on Law Requiring Voters to Show Proof of Citizenship
- REPORT: ICE demands apology from New Yorker over tattoo claim