REPORT: Border apprehensions remain static for third straight month
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) reported Wednesday it captured or turned away 60,782 people at the southern border in December, almost the same monthly figures as posted in October and November.
The Border Patrol apprehended 50,753 people who crossed the border illegally in December. In November, the Border patrol apprehended 51,856 people, and in October, 51,001 were apprehended.
The article goes on to state the following:
A further 10,029 people were deemed inadmissible at ports of entry in December, compared with 10,600 in November and 9,771 in October.
Those numbers are on the high end of five-year averages, with the exception on 2017, a year that saw a sharp drop in illegal immigration, but much lower than the historical high of 161,973 apprehensions in March 2006.
DHS did not publish the numbers on its usual website because of the partial government shutdown that has been ongoing since Dec. 22.
According to department statistics, more than half of those apprehended or turned away at the border in December — 31,901 — were either unaccompanied minors or migrants traveling in family groups.
CLICK HERE to read more of this report from The Hill.
U.S.-Mexico border apprehensions increased in 2018 | Pew Research Center https://t.co/U6JcXdKmaT
— John Haltiwanger (@jchaltiwanger) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute
- REPORT: Hope Hicks, AMI agree to turn over documents for House probe into Trump
- REPORT: Police chief’s daughter kills self, 2 kids in murder-suicide
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks
- EXCLUSIVE: DML responds to Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s tweet about “white supremacy”