REPORT: Border Patrol apprehends truck load of illegal aliens from 7 countries [PHOTO]
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBP.GOV:
LAREDO, Texas – Laredo Sector Border Patrol agents assigned to the Freer Station apprehended a large number of illegal aliens and seized a sizable amount of marijuana southwest of Freer, Texas.
In the early morning hours of January 15, agents observed a tractor-trailer turn off U.S. Highway 59 on to Farm-to-Market Road 2050 several miles southwest of Freer, Texas. When agents attempted to perform a vehicle stop, the driver attempted to abscond by continuing to travel several miles until crashing through a ranch fence.
The article goes on to state the following:
As agents approached the vehicle, several individuals absconded into the nearby brush. Through a collaborative effort, Border Patrol agents working with a CBP Air and Marine helicopter apprehended 61 individuals. Immigration checks revealed that the individuals were in the country illegally and from the countries of Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
Agents also discovered 19 bundles of marijuana in the cab of the semi-truck that weighed approximately 327.02 lbs. with an approximate street value of $261,732.80.
The United States Border Patrol seized the tractor-trailer and turned over the marijuana to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
75 individuals were apprehended by USBP and AMO agents in TX on Wednesday. Immigration checks revealed the individuals were in the country illegally from the countries of Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Details: https://t.co/W6edx6XafQ pic.twitter.com/vopPajFOjd
— CBP (@CBP) January 17, 2020
In the following video, U.S. Border Patrol Agent Chris Harris (now retired) gives an exclusive interview to filmmaker Dennis Michael Lynch in a scene from “They Come To America IV.” Harris revealed details of agents capturing Middle Easterners who enter the U.S. through the Mexican border.
To get more information about this article, please visit CBP.GOV. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Trump makes announcement on possible coronavirus quarantines in 3 states
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- VIDEO: 1st person arrested for violating NY’s COVID-19 executive order
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- VIDEO: Mnuchin says when checks from coronavirus bill will be coming
- About (ratings)
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results