REPORT: Border Patrol catches smuggler using ultralight aircraft to drop Chinese men over border wall
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBP.GOV:
CALIPATRIA, Calif. – El Centro Sector Border Patrol agents tracked an ultralight aircraft that made a cross-border incursion from Mexico and landed in the United States on Tuesday morning.
At approximately 1:54 a.m., Border Patrol agents on the ground were informed by CBP components of an ultralight aircraft detected flying over the international border from Mexico into U.S. airspace. The aircraft was operating without any lights.
The article goes on to state the following:
Agents tracked the aircraft from the ground to where it landed near Calipatria. Border Patrol agents arrived at the landing area soon after, but the ultralight aircraft departed and returned to Mexico before it could be stopped.
Agents on the ground encountered two Chinese nationals. Agents suspected they were in the U.S. illegally and that they were dropped off by the ultralight aircraft.
Also arrested at the landing zone was a Mexican national in a waiting vehicle who was suspected of being part of the human smuggling event. The Mexican national was found to be legally present in the U.S. in possession of a Border Crossing Card.
The two Chinese nationals and Mexican national were transported to Calexico Station for further investigation.
Early Sunday morning Border Patrol agents tracked an ultralight aircraft that resulted in the arrest of two and the seizure of more than 125 pounds of methamphetamine.
1 – This morning, #CBPElCentro agents tracked another ultralight aircraft #ULA incursion from Mexico. Agents moved in & arrested 2 Chinese nationals dropped off by the ULA. A Mexican national that was the pick up was also arrested. More details: https://t.co/jLyTgQLE2n pic.twitter.com/eur9sUXd3x
— CBP El Centro (@CBPElCentro) December 19, 2018
This is video footage of the ULA making its way to the drop zone. Agents were in place to intercept. Thanks to the @CBPRGV Special Operations Detachment #SOD that assisted our #ElCentro Sector SOD & agents.#BorderSecurity is #NationalSecurity pic.twitter.com/t22mG5eJNu
— CBP El Centro (@CBPElCentro) December 18, 2018
Smuggler used ultralight aircraft to fly two Chinese men over border wall, Border Patrol says https://t.co/DywnfzyU4o
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 19, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit CBP.GOV. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Obama ‘spreading lie’ about school gun violence
- EXCLUSIVE — TEAM DML: New merchandise available now
- REPORT: Michelle Obama on Presidency: ‘If a Black Guy Can Do It, Anybody Can’
- REPORT: Obama’s Pro-Iran Echo Chamber Finds New Ally in Republican Senator
- REPORT: ‘Bachelor’ star pleads guilty to reduced charge in fatal accident
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Judge’s Description of Epstein in 33-Page Opinion is Stunning
- BREAKING: Teen found wandering in Kentucky says he’s the boy who vanished almost 8 years ago
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling
- BREAKING: Iran ‘seizes British-flagged oil tanker’