REPORT: Border Patrol reveals shocking budget to care for asylum-seekers, in just one region
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The U.S. Border Patrol’s busiest region on the southern border now expects to spend more than $20 million on consumable items and services for asylum-seekers, up from the $12.5 million it had budgeted for the year due to a continued surge of families illegally crossing into the United States, according to federal data obtained by the Washington Examiner.
The extra money to aid asylum-seekers along the Rio Grande Valley Sector, the eastern-most region of the 2,000-mile southern border, will go toward “medical, shower/laundry, food, caregiver, etc.,” a Border Patrol official told the Examiner on condition of anonymity.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Rio Grande Valley Sector had expected to spend $12.5 million on contracted services between last October and this September, known as fiscal 2019.
However, due to a drastic uptick in the number of immigrant family apprehensions in the valley since October, they now say they are on track to spend $20 million by September.
SCOOP —> U.S. Border Patrol told me they now expect to spend $20M in FY19 caring for migrants who are taken into custody in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, the busiest region along the southern border. They originally budgeted $12.5M for the year. https://t.co/H6RvyU7rmF
— Anna Giaritelli (@Anna_Giaritelli) May 15, 2019
Nearly 250,000 people who illegally crossed into the U.S. as part of a “family unit” have been taken into custody across the southern border since October.https://t.co/nQaKGBDmiE
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- REPORT: Bill Gates dethroned, no longer second richest person in the world
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar to introduce resolution supporting Israel boycotts [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Black Conservative Shreds Ayanna Pressley’s Racial Purity Comments