REPORT: Boston Marathon bombings remembered (VIDEO)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by BOSTONGLOBE.COM:
On the fifth anniversary of the day bombs placed near the Boston Marathon finish line left three dead and more than 260 wounded, Governor Charlie Baker reflected on the resilience of survivors, both those injured in the terror attack and those who lost loved ones on that indelible day.
“You’re heroes to each other, and you’re heroes to all who’ve had a chance to hear your stories,” Baker said in his remarks Sunday morning. “And the same goes for those people who were damaged by the events of that day, who have found a positive path forward, a way to build a new life, a different one, but a good one on the heels of that tragedy.”
It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:
Baker and Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh spoke inside the Boston Public Library’s Central Branch before an audience of bombing survivors, family members, and other elected officials.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting BOSTONGLOBE.COM.
The city of Boston is marking five years since the marathon bombing killed three people. A moment of silence will be held on Sunday at 2:49 p.m. ET — the time the first bomb went off https://t.co/CkxuDkzAfJ pic.twitter.com/lkQMI5DJ2n
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 15, 2018
A makeshift memorial has been set up at the Boston Marathon finish line this weekend.
— Only In Boston (@OnlyInBOS) April 15, 2018
Memorial by finish line at site of 2013 Boston Marathon booming.
Five-year anniversary is tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/b0xMPAIFpa
— Jonathan Gault (@jgault13) April 14, 2018
After the 2013 bombing, a massive memorial of shoes, race bibs and banners popped up in Copley Square. As Boston grappled with its grief, a handful of people were tasked with recording what was left behind.
— WBUR (@WBUR) April 15, 2018
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Theresa May’s resignation announcement
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists