VIDEO: Boy robbed at gunpoint while selling lemonade receives unexpected surprise
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A North Carolina boy, who was robbed at gunpoint while manning his lemonade stand, will finally get the lawn mower he was saving for.
Lowe’s donated a new riding lawn mower to the 9-year-old boy after the company heard about the child’s scary ordeal that happened over the weekend. The boy was at his lemonade stand at a roundabout in St. John’s Forest development when a teenager wearing a camouflage hat walked up, pointed a gun at the child’s stomach and demanded he hand over the money he’d earned, Union County police said.
The article goes on to state the following:
The armed robber made off with $17, the money the boy planned to use to buy a lawn mower for his other side job, the boy’s father Philip Smith told FOX46.
Smith also told the station the residents in the neighborhood have also been helping out by buying cups of lemonade by the hundreds on Sunday, less than 24 hours after the child was robbed.
“It feels great that the neighborhood came out. They have given him money, support. They gave him notes of encouragement they gave him letters. It’s just great they came out in support of him,” Smith said.
Authorities are still hunting for the teenage robber and asking neighbors for surveillance video that may have captured the incident. Investigators also discovered a camouflage hat, metal tin and a black BB gun in a wooded area near the scene of the crime.
“I think people are capable of a lot of things, but not robbing a child at a lemonade stand, that takes it to a new level,” said Union County Sheriff’s Office chief communications officer Tony Underwood.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems