REPORT: Bronx lawmaker refuses to apologize for anti-gay remarks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
City Councilmember Ruben Diaz Sr. said Sunday that he’d rather give up his powerful committee assignments than apologize to openly gay Speaker Corey Johnson for his homophobic comments.
Diaz Sr. — who was appointed by Johnson to committees on land use, public housing and transportation — again refused to apologize for saying last week that the City Council is “controlled by the homosexual community.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Johnson is “asking for an apology, you know that,” the preacher politician Diaz told The Post outside his church.
Refusing to offer a mea culpa, Diaz added, “If he had to take away my [positions] away from me, I would understand that.”
Johnson said Sunday he is weighing his options.
UPDATE: City Councilman Ruben Diaz Sr. refusing to apologize for homophobic comments, despite many, including his son, Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr., saying he should. https://t.co/Ol8F2p23BO
— PIX11 News (@PIX11News) February 10, 2019
What’s homophobic about saying that the gay community controls the nyc city council ? I’m giving them credit for the power and influence they have.
— Rev Ruben Diaz (@revrubendiaz) February 9, 2019
NYC is a place where we celebrate our diversity and inclusivity. The LGBTQ community is unequivocally an essential voice in our City. @revrubendiaz’s sentiments are antagonistic, quarrelsome and wholly unnecessary. He should apologize.
— Ruben Diaz Jr. (@rubendiazjr) February 9, 2019
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet