REPORT: Busy airport closes entire terminal after sex toys mistaken for hand grenade
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Berlin’s Schönefeld Airport was partially closed on Wednesday after various sex toys were spotted on an X-ray machine by security personnel and mistaken for parts of a bomb.
CNN reports that the items’ owner, who was not present for his bag’s initial inspection, was summoned by airport staff over a loudspeaker and the airport’s D terminal was closed over the incident.
The article goes on to state the following:
Various sex toys, including a vibrator, were mistaken for “suspicious content in a luggage piece,” federal police told CNN.
The man was initially embarrassed by the predicament and was unwilling to explain the purpose of the devices for about an hour, CNN reported.
The closure happened just before 11:00 a.m. local time and occurred the same day as a separate security scare at an airport in Frankfurt, where a family tested positive for explosive residue, according to Reuters.
Update #SXF: Untersuchung der @bpol_b ist beendet. Sperrung in Terminal D aufgehoben. Jedoch weiterhin Beeinträchtigungen bei der Passagierabfertigung möglich. // Police Investigation is over. Terminal D reopened. However, further impairments in passenger handling possible. https://t.co/7IHpY8wh22
— Berlin Airport Service (@berlinairport) August 7, 2018
— RT (@RT_com) August 7, 2018
— Sheila O’Flanagan (@sheilaoflanagan) August 8, 2018
Sex toys were mistaken for a bomb at a Berlin airport and caused the closure of an entire terminal https://t.co/ji6adVpCVi
— CNN International (@cnni) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- Border Protection seized enough fentanyl to kill entire population of the United States
- RESEARCH: Number of Muslims in the US; how many are radical; impact on welfare
- REPORT: Mark Meadows views NEW ‘Strzok coverup’ material at DOJ
- POLL: Should Tucker Carlson be fired from Fox News?
- Princess Diana’s death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash
- Cost of open borders exposed in Muslim refugee oath (video)
- Heat wave dubbed the ‘death ridge’ will scorch the southeastern US
- REPORT: Buttigieg backs far-left idea of erasing Thomas Jefferson’s name: ‘It’s the right thing to do’
- REPORT: Trump vows to ‘end’ Iran amid ‘threats’
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?