REPORT: BuzzFeed News editor crushed by Twitter for jab at Trump over Sri Lanka bombings
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A BuzzFeed News journalist suggested on Twitter there would be more outrage from President Trump’s administration over the deadly Sri Lanka bombings if the victims were white.
BuzzFeed News world editor Miriam Elder tweeted hours after explosions on Easter Sunday killed hundreds of people at churches and hotels in the South Asia country.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Suspect we’d be hearing a lot more outrage from Trump and co. if the Christians killed in Sri Lanka were white,” Elder tweeted with a link to BuzzFeed News’ article on the attacks.
Elder’s tweet was “ratioed,” meaning the number of comments vastly outnumbered retweets and likes — a sign of widespread negative reaction. Multiple users criticized Elder for her near-instant politicization of the attacks that has killed more than 200 people, including some American citizens.
Suspect we’d be hearing a lot more outrage from Trump and co. if the Christians killed in Sri Lanka were white https://t.co/7bNAiymzib
— Miriam Elder (@MiriamElder) April 21, 2019
Some examples of the outraged tweeted responses follow.
My God, you are disgusting.
— Steph (@steph93065) April 21, 2019
Suspect we’d be hearing a lot more outrage from Miriam Elder and co. if the people killed in Sri Lanka were victimized by a white Trump supporter
Oh, sorry, that’s a disgusting thing to say. Well, I’m sure you’re better than I
— Moo(g) (@MoogMoog36) April 21, 2019
You’ll need this. pic.twitter.com/PunmH9b3V9
— Niall Burke (@nialljburke) April 21, 2019
Oh, Buzzfeed, you never fail to amaze
— Eric Croddy (@GuytheGypsy) April 21, 2019
Can’t understand why BuzzFeed keeps having to lay people off
— AV (@verma_30) April 21, 2019
— Nick Kostenborder (@capncrash) April 21, 2019
I suspect we wouldn’t be hearing any less bigotry or hate from you if they were.
— DependableDan (@Archangel5847) April 21, 2019
Your hot take is noted and filed. pic.twitter.com/4aBffv1pds
— Captain Whitebread (@CapWhitebread) April 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists
- REPORT: Harvey Weinstein reaches massive deal to settle sex assault civil suits