REPORT: California city mayor calls for mandatory liability insurance for gun owners
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Axios:
San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo is today proposing a city ordinance that would require firearm owners to either carry liability insurance or pay a fee to cover public costs of gun violence to the city.
Why it matters: San Jose is reeling from the Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting last month that killed 2 children and 1 adult and injured a dozen more. The city, the 10th-largest in the U.S., is the first to propose this kind of “harm reduction” measure to curb gun violence.
The article goes on to state the following:
How it works: If approved by the city council, the measure would require San Jose gun owners to have private liability insurance.
- If such insurance is not available, or if an individual is not able to purchase coverage, firearm owners could pay a fee intended to help cover the costs to city police and emergency services related to gun violence.
NEW: The mayor of San Jose is proposing a city ordinance today that would require gun owners to either carry liability insurance or pay a fee to cover the costs of gun violence to the city. https://t.co/CFOmzMFhvG
— Axios (@axios) August 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit Axios. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism
- VIDEO: Jesse Watters: Trump conducting the media like an orchestra