REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
VENTURA COUNTY, Calif. – A California couple has been arrested in connection with the death of a newborn baby, police said Friday.
The baby boy’s mother and her boyfriend allegedly choked the newborn until he was unconscious, according to the Oxnard Police Department.
The article goes on to state the following:
Andrea Torralba Camacho, 20, and David Villa, 21, are accused of assault on a child by means of force resulting in the child’s death, authorities said.
Officers learned of the incident at 7:53 a.m. Friday and responded to St. John’s Regional Medical Center to investigate the infant’s suspicious injuries, police said. The baby was in critical condition and at one point became unresponsive. Medical staff tried to revive him but the baby died from his injuries, police said.
Detectives in the agency’s family protection unit also responded, authorities said.
As of Saturday afternoon, Camacho and Villa remained in Ventura County jail, each with bail set at $5 million, jail records show.
They were being held on suspicion of felony assault on a child causing death, according to jail records.
Police officers in Oxnard were called to the hospital to investigate the infant’s suspicious injuries.https://t.co/31Vm8E9rDS
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) July 21, 2019
An Oxnard couple was arrested Friday on suspicion of strangling and killing the woman’s newborn baby boy after she had just given birth to him at a hospital, officials said. https://t.co/DyvQrs06XT
— FOX6 News (@fox6now) July 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘It’s Going To Be An Exposé And A Cover-Up’: Tom Fitton Gives His IG Report Predictions
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment