REPORT: California Man Has Home Raided, Guns Confiscated After Trying to Register Firearm
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
A California man had his home raided, guns seized, and will appear in court this week to face a dozen state felony charges after attempting to register a rifle in accordance with state law.
Jeffrey Scott Kirschenmann attempted to register an AR-15 with the California Department of Justice last month but instead found himself in significant legal trouble. The California DOJ accused Kirschenmann of illegally modifying the rifle he attempted to register. Law enforcement officials raided his home in Bakersfield before ultimately confiscating a dozen firearms and a few hundred rounds of ammunition, then charging him with a dozen felonies, KGET reports. Kirschenmann was accused of possession of assault weapons, two silencers, and something referred to as a “multi-burst trigger activator.” He does not appear to have been charged with any violent crimes.
The article goes on to state the following:
The issues stem from a new California gun law, one of the strictest in the country, which redefined an “assault weapon” and required anyone with a gun that fell under the new definition to register it with the state. Joe Pilkington, a court-recognized firearms expert, told the news station that California’s continually changing gun laws can be very difficult to navigate without professional help.
“Just in the last few years, there have been lots of changes in gun laws,” Pilkington told KGET. “Making an effort, a good faith effort to comply with these really complicated laws, should count for something. There is this self-registration application on the Department of Justice website, but it may be better to talk to an FFL [Federal Firearms License holder]. Someone who has a license, to talk through whatever these complications are.”
The National Rifle Association said Kirschenmann’s ordeal is proof that even those who attempt to comply with California’s gun laws can still get caught up in them.
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- REPORT: Bernie Sanders pours cold water on blue wave
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending