REPORT: Campaign to draft Democratic challenger to McConnell starts raising funds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A campaign to draft former fighter pilot Amy McGrath (D) to run against Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R) in Kentucky’s Senate race has kicked off a fundraising campaign, the group said on Tuesday.
Draft Amy McGrath and Ditch Mitch, two campaigns from the anti-McConnell Ditch Fund, started the campaign Monday to draft a candidate considered one of the strongest among Kentucky Democrats.
The article goes on to state the following:
The group said it had received donations from all 50 states in its first 24 hours, though it did not disclose the amount raised.
“There is incredible grassroots energy for Amy McGrath to run against Mitch McConnell,” said Ryan Aquilina, the Executive Director of the Ditch Fund and its Ditch Mitch project in an email.
— Steve Villano (@Stevevillano11) March 12, 2019
Regular people running for office. This is America!
— Amy McGrath (@AmyMcGrathKY) March 12, 2019
— Janet Shan (@hinterlandg) March 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report