REPORT: Campaign manager blames candidate’s loss on ‘difficult year to be a man’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A campaign manager of a failed judicial campaign in Nevada wrote that his candidate lost because it was a “difficult year to be a man and defeat a woman.”
David Thomas wrote in a letter that Mark Bailus’s loss to his female opponent, Mary Kay Holthus, was a result of the political climate, The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported Friday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The defeat was not by any means the fault of Judge Bailus, but more due to the political climate of the 2018 elections,” Thomas wrote. “Despite Judge Bailus’ great commitment, he could not overcome the pattern that occurred in all major judicial races between a man and a woman in 2018.”
Bailus, 66, was an incumbent appointed by former Gov. Brian Sandoval (R) to serve on Clark County District Court bench from May 2017 until the term expired last month, the newspaper noted.
In his application for a vacant seat, Mark Bailus included a letter from his campaign manager that blamed the gender of his opponent, Mary Kay Holthus, for his failed election bidhttps://t.co/00mXIMlHB1
— Las Vegas RJ (@reviewjournal) February 9, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: How Minneapolis’ Somali community became the terrorist recruitment capital of the US
- REPORT: Republicans respond to Trump’s national emergency declaration
- REPORT: ICE arrests millionaire fugitives from Ecuador who donated to tens of thousands to Obama
- VIDEO: Acosta Refers to Children of Angel Moms as ‘Allegedly Killed by Undocumented Immigrants’
- POLL: Are you losing confidence in President Trump
- REPORT: Pelosi fundraising off Trump emergency declaration
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez questioned about boyfriend’s congressional email account, Chaffetz weighs in
- BREAKING: Mueller calls for long prison sentence for Manafort
- REPORT: In hypothetical 2020 matchup, Trump in dead heat with….
- VIDEO: Mormon son ‘murdered his parents and their cleaner at their home’