REPORT: Cargo plane crash in Iran kills 15, leaves 1 survivor (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — A decades-old Iranian Boeing 707 military cargo plane reportedly carrying meat from Kyrgyzstan crashed on Monday while trying to land west of Iran’s capital, killing 15 people on board and leaving a sole survivor, authorities said.
The crash of the jetliner marked just the latest aviation disaster for Iran, which hoped to replace its aging fleet under terms of the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers.
The article goes on to state the following:
But instead, President Donald Trump’s withdrawal from the accord in May scuttled billions of dollars in planned sales by Airbus and Boeing Co. to the Islamic Republic, only increasing the danger for passengers in Iran planes.
The aircraft, which bore the paint scheme of the Iranian air force’s civilian Saha Airlines, was an making emergency landing around 8:30 a.m. Monday at Fath Airport, an airfield controlled by Iran’s powerful paramilitary Revolutionary Guard. The plane skidded off the runway, crashed through a perimeter fence and into a residential neighborhood.
— Press TV (@PressTV) January 14, 2019
— Ahmed Kosar (@AhmedKosar1) January 14, 2019
Iran plane crash: Boeing 707 crash lands near houses killing 15 – but one survives
A crew member miraculously survived when the plane, transporting meat, crashed west of Tehran after ‘mistaking the airport with another airfield due bad weather’ pic.twitter.com/ddbTeqQ8fM
— Lilian Chan (@bestgug) January 14, 2019
— egenshoaib (@egenshoaib) January 14, 2019
Iran cargo plane crash ‘leaves 15 dead’ https://t.co/i7Qd9TGDf7
— BBC News (UK) (@BBCNews) January 14, 2019
Only 1 person survived a cargo jet crash in Iran today, according to Iranian military officials. At least 15 people died as an aging Boeing 707 skidded off a runway while trying to land on a flight from Kyrgyzstan: https://t.co/CIgbIyFMJX
— CBC News Alerts (@CBCAlerts) January 14, 2019
Iranian state TV says Kyrgyz cargo plane crashes near Tehran, crew feared dead. https://t.co/BC4cnsuNdq
— The Associated Press (@AP) January 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?
- VIDEO: Conservative TV host accosted at Trump Hotel over son’s suicide: OPINION: Washington Secrets