REPORT: Carpetbagging: Hollywood Trying to Tilt Texas Election
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Some of Hollywood’s most affluent and influential power players have poured tens of thousands of dollars into the campaign coffers of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s general election opponent, Rep. Beto O’Rourke.
Director Rian Johnson, who last helmed Star Wars: The Last Jedi, gave O’Rourke’s campaign $5,400, the individual maximum amount, as did Nashville and 9-1-1 star Connie Britton, according to Federal Election Commission data.
Solo: A Star Wars Story executive producer and 22 Jump Street director Phil Lord contributed $5,400 to O’Rourke’s campaign. Super-producer Joe Roth gave $5,400, while former Netflix talk show host-turned Hulu and TNT executive producer Chelsea Handler gave O’Rourke $2,500.
The article goes on to state the following:
While O’Rourke’s Senate bid has been boosted by donations from high-profile Hollywood figures, like Game of Thrones executive producer Carolyn Strauss and Warner Bros. executive Courtenay Valenti, celebrities have also used their social media cache to gin up support for the Democratic candidate.
Indeed, many of O’Rourke’s showbiz backers are also some the most vocal celebrity critics of President Donald Trump.
According to the report, those social media supporters include Rosie O’Donnell and Alyssa Milano.
To weigh in on this information provided by BREITBART.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- BREAKING: Axios drops bombshell claim on Rosenstein
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation