REPORT: Carpetbagging: Hollywood Trying to Tilt Texas Election
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Some of Hollywood’s most affluent and influential power players have poured tens of thousands of dollars into the campaign coffers of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s general election opponent, Rep. Beto O’Rourke.
Director Rian Johnson, who last helmed Star Wars: The Last Jedi, gave O’Rourke’s campaign $5,400, the individual maximum amount, as did Nashville and 9-1-1 star Connie Britton, according to Federal Election Commission data.
Solo: A Star Wars Story executive producer and 22 Jump Street director Phil Lord contributed $5,400 to O’Rourke’s campaign. Super-producer Joe Roth gave $5,400, while former Netflix talk show host-turned Hulu and TNT executive producer Chelsea Handler gave O’Rourke $2,500.
The article goes on to state the following:
While O’Rourke’s Senate bid has been boosted by donations from high-profile Hollywood figures, like Game of Thrones executive producer Carolyn Strauss and Warner Bros. executive Courtenay Valenti, celebrities have also used their social media cache to gin up support for the Democratic candidate.
Indeed, many of O’Rourke’s showbiz backers are also some the most vocal celebrity critics of President Donald Trump.
According to the report, those social media supporters include Rosie O’Donnell and Alyssa Milano.
To weigh in on this information provided by BREITBART.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Ginsburg responds to question about her health and her ribs
- VIDEO: Here’s why a Vermont man put up a giant, illuminated middle finger sculpture on his front lawn
- REPORT: As ICE releases migrant families by the hundreds, churches and businesses step up to help
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally