REPORT: Carson’s HUD Didn’t Stop Fraud, Failed to Report On It
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The agency responsible for providing low-income housing assistance has failed to comply with laws that require agencies to report wasted funds for years, and that trend continues under President Donald Trump.
For the fifth year in a row, the Department of Housing and Urban Development failed to complete mandatory audits and reviews designed to ensure that agencies are tracking and recovering improper payments.
Reducing improper payments is part of Secretary of Housing Ben Carson’s vision to re-imagine the way HUD works. Carson wrote in September that he intends to reform internal processes that “organize and deliver HUD services more effectively to the American people,” which would require “enhancing the working conditions and training at HUD itself, while eliminating improper payments and waste, fraud and abuse.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Specifically, HUD has failed to conduct risk assessments for fraud and improper payments in all its programs, and also failed to release estimates of how much each program spends improperly. The term “improper payments” refers to any time the government spends more or less than it should in an individual transaction, or pays the wrong recipient. After five years of compiling IPERA data, however, the House Committee on Oversight found that 90 percent of improper payments were overpayments.
To weigh in on this information provided by DAILYCALLER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance
- VIDEO: Police make arrest after 46 people overdose at Connecticut park
- BREAKING: Suspected ISIS member arrested in Sacramento County, allegedly committed ‘most heinous crimes’