REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABC11.COM:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Tuesday afternoon that 107 people from 21 states, including North Carolina, have reported contracting the measles.
The other states included are Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington.
The report from ABC11 also stated the following:
This number will likely outpace the number of measles cases reported in 2017.
There were 118 cases in 2017, and only 86 the year before that.
The last outbreak was in 2015 when 188 people contracted measles.
The outbreak was linked to an amusement park in California where it is thought that a traveler from overseas brought it to the U.S.
“Measles is a terrible illness and it’s totally preventable.” A measles outbreak spreading across 21 states made its way to Tennessee. Measles is a deadly disease but there’s a lot of misinformation going around online. We sat down with a pediatrician to get some answers pic.twitter.com/dDQRguLxLl
— Marc Sallinger (@MarcWBIR) August 15, 2018
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday afternoon that 107 people from 21 states, including Texas, have reported contracting the measles: https://t.co/haVkgpjDPC
— ABC13 Houston (@abc13houston) August 15, 2018
— NBC4 Columbus (@nbc4i) August 15, 2018
— Eyewitness News (@ABC7NY) August 15, 2018
— ABC11 EyewitnessNews (@ABC11_WTVD) August 15, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by ABC11.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments