REPORT: ‘Change is coming’: Pete Buttigieg draws big crowd for official campaign kickoff
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Pete Buttigieg attracted a packed house of several thousand supporters on Sunday as he formally announced his candidacy for president of the United States.
Although Buttigieg, 37, has been in the thick of the 2020 race for several weeks, he made it official in South Bend, Ind., the city he has led as mayor since 2012. The large crowd in attendance added legitimacy to talk that Buttigieg is a serious candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We’re at capacity inside the Studebaker building, but spirits are high out in the overflow area,” Buttigieg tweeted several hours before the event.
Buttigieg addresses the overflow crowd here in South Bend’s freezing rain pic.twitter.com/CKbyN9VTAd
— Dan Merica (@merica) April 14, 2019
Buttigieg speaks around 2:30 p.m., per his campaign. This is a former Studebaker plant that now houses tech and education projects in South Bend. Buttiegieg told a private crowd last night that car jobs won’t come back here and the country must adapt, per several attendees. pic.twitter.com/x7eLNVYD0r
— Robert Costa (@costareports) April 14, 2019
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT — WATCH: As Pete Buttigieg announced he’s running for President a little while ago, the crowd erupted in applause, cheers, and plenty of flag-waving. @MaxLewisWSBT
— WSBT (@WSBT) April 14, 2019
Three very full press risers, thousands in the crowd for Pete Buttigieg launch rally.
The kind of turn out any senator or governor would be thrilled with, let alone the mayor of a city half the size of Rochester, NY. pic.twitter.com/qkid6ZHlXf
— Alex Seitz-Wald (@aseitzwald) April 14, 2019
We’re at capacity inside the Studebaker building, but spirits are high out in the overflow area. Thanks to everyone who is here with us today, and who is going to join us via livestream from home. pic.twitter.com/qmgTlMslfY
— Pete Buttigieg (@PeteButtigieg) April 14, 2019
Crowd size for @PeteButtigieg kickoff: 4,526 inside and more than 1,500 outside in the overflow crowd, according to the South Bend Fire Marshall
— Josh Lederman (@JoshNBCNews) April 14, 2019
Crowd estimates for this Buttigieg announcement, per the fire marshal:
Inside there were 4,526 people.
Outside in the overflow was an additional 1,500.
— Daniel Strauss (@DanielStrauss4) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: State Dems approve mega-millions in tuition aid for illegal immigrants – after blocking same for Gold Star families
- REPORT: Lori Loughlin’s DAUGHTER under investigation for college sacndal
- VIDEO: Pelosi undermines Trump abroad on US-UK trade deal
- REPORT: Fired DOJ official blasts President Trump in TIME 100 bio on Robert Mueller
- REPORT: Department of Correction officer busted for drunk driving on FDR Drive
- EXCLUSIVE: Filmmaker reveals SOLUTION to immigration crisis that everyone is ignoring (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Federal judge compares Trump to Ku Klux Klan and Jim Crow segregationists
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- REPORT: Fox News personality to become Treasury spokesperson
- REPORT: Trump makes first direct comments about running against Buttigieg (Audio)