REPORT: Charitable giving soars setting new US record
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
NEW YORK (AP) — Fueled by a surging stock market and huge gifts from billionaires, charitable giving in the United States in 2017 topped the $400 billion mark for the first time, according to the latest comprehensive report on Americans’ giving patterns.
The Giving USA report, released Tuesday, said giving from individuals, estates, foundations and corporations reached an estimated $410 billion in 2017 — more than the gross domestic product of countries such as Israel and Ireland. The total was up 5.2 percent in current dollars (3 percent adjusted for inflation) from the estimate of $389.64 billion for 2016.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Americans’ record-breaking charitable giving in 2017 demonstrates that even in divisive times our commitment to philanthropy is solid,” said Aggie Sweeney, chair of Giving USA Foundation, which publishes the annual report. It is researched and written by the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy.
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)