REPORT: Chicago victims identified after bloody weekend that left 12 dead
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
CHICAGO — Police in Chicago have released the names of the victims killed in a bloody weekend that’s left activists and officials calling for change. Twelve people were killed and 54 were wounded in shootings across four neighborhoods on the city’s south and west sides, according to CBS Chicago. The violence peaked early Sunday, including one shooting on the city’s South Side that wounded eight people.
Police on Monday attributed the dozens of shootings to gangs, the illegal flow of guns and sweltering August heat that drew more people outside. No arrests had been made in the wake of the violence.
The article goes on to state the following:
Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel condemned the violence in a press conference Monday, saying “we have a heavy heart.” Both Emanuel and Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson called for increased accountability for shooters and a broader community effort to decrease violence.
CBS Chicago reported this timeline of the deadly shootings:
Friday, 7:57 p.m.: Earl Young, 30, was shot in the 7700 block of South Shore and was declared dead at the scene.
Saturday, 12:56 a.m.: Joshua Campbell, 22, was shot in the 1700 block of North Mason. He was declared dead at Loyola University Medical Center.
Saturday, 2:24 a.m.: Eric Johnson, 22, was shot near 122nd Street and South State. He was declared dead at Roseland Hospital.
Sunday, 1:03 a.m.: Kendall Brown, 26, was shot in the 4600 block of South Winchester. He was declared dead at Mt. Sinai hospital.
Sunday, 2:34 a.m.: Jahnae Patterson, 17, was among six people shot in the 1300 block of South Millard. She was declared dead at an unidentified location.
Sunday, 3:37 a.m.: Kenyate Sparks, 29, was shot in the 1100 block of South Springfield. He was declared dead at Stroger Hospital.
Sunday, 4:15 a.m.: Donald Norris, 19, was among four people shot in the 1600 block of North LeClaire. He was pronounced dead at an unidentified location.
Sunday, 4:17 a.m.: Kenny Ivory, 17, was shot in the 7600 block of South Union. He was declared dead at University of Chicago Hospital.
Sunday, 6:50 a.m.: Charles Green, 32, was among five people shot in the 0-100 block of North LeClaire. He was declared dead at Stroger Hospital.
Sunday, 7:50 p.m. Nicholas Cox, 23, was fatally shot in the 2700 block of South Dearborn.
Monday 12:02 a.m.: Ron Johnson, 50, was shot near 130th and Drexel. He was declared dead on scene.
List of the victims names https://t.co/jiB7QA0fxE
— 👑 Courtney Nicole (@Courtney_Flynn) August 7, 2018
— CBS News (@CBSNews) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo
- VIDEO: CNN reporter stomps ‘nightmare’ lizard during live report
- Canada PM Trudeau motorcade involved in Los Angeles car accident