REPORT: China responds to Trump sanctions on Iran with announcement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
China on Wednesday defended its business ties with Iran despite a set of U.S. sanctions targeting Tehran, potentially setting up further trade conflicts between Beijing and the Trump administration.
A statement from the Chinese foreign ministry reported by Reuters states that China’s business dealings with Iran comply with all United Nations sanctions currently applied to Iran, and that the country would ignore new measures implemented by the U.S. on Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“China’s commercial cooperation with Iran is open and transparent, reasonable and fair, not violating any United Nations Security Council resolutions,” the statement read, adding that “China’s lawful rights should be protected.”
China’s response comes on the heels of President Trump‘s declaration early Tuesday that countries which continue to do business with Iran would soon find themselves frozen out of U.S. markets.
China, Germany defend business with Iran in face of U.S. threats https://t.co/t1ubQdgUER
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) August 8, 2018
.@AmbJohnBolton on Iran sanctions: "There may be some smaller European companies that continue to do business, but they will be insignificant. Russian and China may continue to do business but I don't think they're enthusiastic about this." pic.twitter.com/5weTMsiERx
— FOX Business (@FoxBusiness) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet