REPORT: China responds to Trump sanctions on Iran with announcement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
China on Wednesday defended its business ties with Iran despite a set of U.S. sanctions targeting Tehran, potentially setting up further trade conflicts between Beijing and the Trump administration.
A statement from the Chinese foreign ministry reported by Reuters states that China’s business dealings with Iran comply with all United Nations sanctions currently applied to Iran, and that the country would ignore new measures implemented by the U.S. on Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“China’s commercial cooperation with Iran is open and transparent, reasonable and fair, not violating any United Nations Security Council resolutions,” the statement read, adding that “China’s lawful rights should be protected.”
China’s response comes on the heels of President Trump‘s declaration early Tuesday that countries which continue to do business with Iran would soon find themselves frozen out of U.S. markets.
China, Germany defend business with Iran in face of U.S. threats https://t.co/t1ubQdgUER
— Reuters Top News (@Reuters) August 8, 2018
.@AmbJohnBolton on Iran sanctions: "There may be some smaller European companies that continue to do business, but they will be insignificant. Russian and China may continue to do business but I don't think they're enthusiastic about this." pic.twitter.com/5weTMsiERx
— FOX Business (@FoxBusiness) August 8, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Crowd Boos Julian Castro For Refusing To Hold Baby
- DML LIVE: Shocking report from ICE (Mon – July 15)
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez Responds To Washington ICE Attack
- VIDEO: Mom Catches Kid Falling Off Balcony In Heart-Stopping Surveillance Video
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson highlights CNN ‘promoting’ Antifa
- BREAKING: Police give update on missing Utah student, announce they have a ‘person of interest’
- REPORT: CBP denies Marine Corps veteran entry for citizenship interview
- NEW: TeamDML launches, feedback we’ve received