REPORT: CIA identifies suspect behind biggest leak in agency’s history
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Trump administration believes it has identified the person who leaked the CIA’s cybertools for foreign espionage operations last year, according to a report published Tuesday afternoon.
Joshua Adam Schulte, who worked for the CIA’s Engineering Development Group, was named in a Washington Post report as the government’s primary suspect.
But the Justice Department so far has been unable to prosecute Schulte, who is being held in a New York City jail on charges of possessing, receiving, and transporting child pornography. The Post report did not explain why charges have yet to be brought.
The article goes on to state the following:
The suspect is believed to have leaked the information to WikiLeaks, federal prosecutors said during a January hearing. WikiLeaks then published the documents as “Vault 7” in March 2017.
Schulte previously worked for the National Security Agency. During his stint at the CIA, he had complained about “incompetent management and bureaucracy” to the agency’s inspector general and a congressional oversight committee.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Joshua Adam Schulte was employee of both CIA and NSA pic.twitter.com/x1RNWcjSu6
— Chris Sampson (@TAPSTRIMEDIA) May 15, 2018
wow, here’s the LinkedIn of Joshua Adam Schulte, the ex-CIA guy that allegedly leaked the Vault 7 material to Wikileaks: https://t.co/dWeNUWZzHb
— Jon Jones (@jonjones) May 15, 2018
— Shane Harris (@shaneharris) May 15, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders apologizes for mistake made during Tuesday’s press briefing