REPORT: CNN aghast over photos of children sleeping on the ground at Border Patrol station
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) Photos obtained exclusively by CNN show migrants at the McAllen, Texas, Border Patrol station over the weekend, many of whom are children, sleeping on the ground on rocks and covered by Mylar blankets.
A baby bottle filled with milk can be seen in one photo next to a child sleeping outside on dirt, and in another, a woman is seen sitting on rocks leaning against a wall clutching a child.
The article goes on to state the following:
In others, migrants are seen seemingly wandering the premises, which has four temporary tents to accommodate the swell of migrants approaching the US-Mexico border. One photo shows an agent holding a megaphone in a sea of migrants outside of the station.
The photos came from a source who has access to the facility and was disturbed by the conditions over the weekend. Customs and Border Protection has confirmed the images are of the McAllen border station.
“Nobody, no matter who you are, where you are from should spend an hour like this. This is the United States of America. Not in our country,” the source, who has seen the conditions firsthand, said.
An official from the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees Customs and Border Protection, responded to the photos in a statement saying in part: “As multiple DHS officials have been warning for months, the border security and humanitarian crisis continues to worsen. Current facilities and funding are inadequate for migrant flows.” The official cited the administration’s request for additional resources to house migrants, and legislative changes to stem the flow of migrants.
“Again, Border Patrol agents are doing everything they can to protect and care for migrants in their temporary custody. Border Patrol stations are simply not equipped to handle the number of families and children arriving along the southwest border, and we need Congress to act to provide immediate relief,” the official said.
— Justin Miller (@justinjm1) May 14, 2019
Photos obtained exclusively by CNN show migrant children at the McAllen, TX Border Patrol station sleeping on the ground on rocks & covered by Mylar blankets. A baby bottle filled with milk can be seen in one photo next to a child sleeping outside on dirt. https://t.co/638j1GzmZi
— Jon Cooper (@joncoopertweets) May 14, 2019
A person with access to a border station where migrants sleep on dirt leaked photos: “Nobody, no matter who you are, where you are from should spend an hour like this. This is the USA. Not in our country,” the source, who has seen the conditions, said.https://t.co/jXQ1Pa9UDq
— Joyce Alene (@JoyceWhiteVance) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales