REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
CNN anchor Chris Cuomo had a heated debate with two pro-Trump pundits about House Democrats’ ongoing investigations into President Trump — and injected the Benghazi controversy into the conversation, calling it a “sham.”
Cuomo began by slamming the chart that Trump displayed in the Rose Garden, showing how much money and how many subpoenas, witnesses, and documents went into Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, which resulted in “no collusion” and “no obstruction.” Cuomo said the president’s presentation had “nothing to do” with the infrastructure meeting that was supposed to take place in the White House.
The article goes on to state the following:
CNN guest Amy Kremer, a Tea Party activist, praised Trump for “fighting back” against Democrats in Congress and pointed out that “millions of dollars” were spent on the Mueller probe.
“Nothing compared to Benghazi,” Cuomo reacted, referring to lawmakers’ efforts to find out why a U.S. ambassador and others were killed at a U.S. government facility in Libya in September 2012. “Not a drop in the bucket compared to Benghazi and you never complained about that.”
“Why are you pushing back with Benghazi?” Kremer asked.
“Because it was a sham and it took years and seven different hearings and it was a political charade,” Cuomo said.
“And American lives were lost, Chris,” Kremer exclaimed.
“That’s right, and you guys took advantage of that and played on those lives and pretended that was your intention when your intention was to smear,” the CNN anchor shot back. “And that’s why you did it. Now you want to pretend you’re on high ground when you were playing lowball.”
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in