REPORT: Cohen under criminal investigation for personal business dealings, part of grand jury probe
DML News is the most efficient, fair, and balanced news aggregation service on the internet. In our ongoing effort to educate and inform people about what is being published and reported around the world, DML News offers the following information:
Published by FOXNEWS.COM
President Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen is under criminal investigation for his conduct in his personal business dealings as part an “ongoing grand jury investigation” being conducted by the U.S. Attorneys’ Office in the Southern District of New York and the FBI–independent of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, court documents obtained by Fox News state.
U.S. Attorney Robert S. Khuzami of the Southern District of New York on Friday made a motion for a temporary restraining order for Cohen. The order stated that the FBI raid of Cohen’s “residence, hotel room, office, safety deposit box, and electronic devices” on April 9 was approved by a federal magistrate judge.
It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:
The order states that the searches into Cohen’s properties are “the result of a months-long investigation into Cohen, and seek evidence of crimes, many of which have nothing to do with his work as an attorney, but rather relate to Cohen’s own business dealings.”
“These searches were carried out as part of an ongoing grand jury investigation being conducted by the USAO-SDNY and the FBI,” the order, obtained by Fox News, read.
The order goes on to explain in a footnote that while Mueller did, in fact, refer the investigation into Cohen, the USAO-SDNY is proceeding with the investigation “independent” of Mueller’s team.
Trending on DML News
- Fox advertiser: Fox viewers are ‘f-ing idiots’
- REPORT: Man forced neighbors do chores so ‘they knew what it was like to be slaves’
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- VIDEO: Trump comments on Navy UFO sightings
- REPORT: Popular teen magazine promotes prostitution, sexting, to an audience of minors
- VIDEO: Fan who threw beer on NFL player should be prosecuted, agent says
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- REPORT: Critics pan Jim Acosta’s new book, Twitter ROASTS him
- REPORT: Trump says U.S., Guatemala negotiating legal wall against migrants