REPORT: Colorado governor signs ‘red flag’ gun bill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Colorado Gov. Jared Polis (D) signed the state’s “red flag” gun bill into law on Friday, giving judges starting in January the power to temporarily take away guns from people thought to be at high risk of harming themselves or others.
Polis was long expected to sign the bill creating a process by which a family or household member, or a law enforcement officer, can petition the court for a temporary extreme-risk protection order.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This law will not prevent every shooting, but it can be used in a targeted way to make sure that those who are suffering from a mental health crisis are able to temporarily have a court order in place that helps make sure they don’t harm themselves or others,” Polis said Friday. “Today we may be saving the life of your nephew, your niece, your grandchild.”
The Extreme Risk Protection Order Bill has been signed into law. This is a good day for all of us who have been working hard on gun safety for the last 351 Fridays since the Aurora massacre. pic.twitter.com/mYqwgSgEgg
— Representative Tom Sullivan (@Sully_720) April 12, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- Trump administration proposes cuts to e-verify 2020
- VIDEO: Tucker On Democrats’ Reactions To Trump Sanctuary Idea: ‘It Sounds A Little … Racist!’
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters meets her match, debates woman on the street
- UPDATE: Joe Biden doesn’t recall alleged kissing incident from 2014
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)