REPORT: Colorado governor signs ‘red flag’ gun bill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Colorado Gov. Jared Polis (D) signed the state’s “red flag” gun bill into law on Friday, giving judges starting in January the power to temporarily take away guns from people thought to be at high risk of harming themselves or others.
Polis was long expected to sign the bill creating a process by which a family or household member, or a law enforcement officer, can petition the court for a temporary extreme-risk protection order.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This law will not prevent every shooting, but it can be used in a targeted way to make sure that those who are suffering from a mental health crisis are able to temporarily have a court order in place that helps make sure they don’t harm themselves or others,” Polis said Friday. “Today we may be saving the life of your nephew, your niece, your grandchild.”
The Extreme Risk Protection Order Bill has been signed into law. This is a good day for all of us who have been working hard on gun safety for the last 351 Fridays since the Aurora massacre. pic.twitter.com/mYqwgSgEgg
— Representative Tom Sullivan (@Sully_720) April 12, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march