REPORT: Colorado school nurses can dispense marijuana
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by KANSASCITY.COM:
A third-grade student who uses medical marijuana to help with his seizures inspired Colorado lawmakers to sign a bill that allows school nurses to administer the medicine to students who qualify.
The bill, known as “Quintin’s Amendment,” is named after third-grader Quintin Lovato, KDVR reported. The amendment expands on “Jack’s Law,” which allows Colorado children to take medical marijuana to school.
Quintin, 9, has three types of seizures and Tourette syndrome, the TV station reported. In January, he weaned off of drugs that made him “extremely hard” to deal with and began using a cannabis oil called Haleigh’s Hope.
The article goes on to state the following:
Earlier this month, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed House Bill 18-1286, “School Nurse Give Medical Marijuana at School.” The law allows school personnel to administer medical marijuana, in a non-smokeable form, to students who qualify.
In a letter Hickenlooper wrote to the Colorado House of Representatives, he said lawmakers spoke to parents whose children use medical marijuana.
“We find their reasoning and advocacy very compelling, especially that of Ms. Hannah Lovato and her son Quintin who inspired the bill,” he wrote in the letter. “Their message was overwhelmingly persuasive, and we sign this bill today with much admiration for Quintin and expect great things in the future from this impressive young man.”
To weigh in on this information provided by KANSASCITY.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting KANSASCITY.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)