REPORT: Colorado school nurses can dispense marijuana
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by KANSASCITY.COM:
A third-grade student who uses medical marijuana to help with his seizures inspired Colorado lawmakers to sign a bill that allows school nurses to administer the medicine to students who qualify.
The bill, known as “Quintin’s Amendment,” is named after third-grader Quintin Lovato, KDVR reported. The amendment expands on “Jack’s Law,” which allows Colorado children to take medical marijuana to school.
Quintin, 9, has three types of seizures and Tourette syndrome, the TV station reported. In January, he weaned off of drugs that made him “extremely hard” to deal with and began using a cannabis oil called Haleigh’s Hope.
The article goes on to state the following:
Earlier this month, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed House Bill 18-1286, “School Nurse Give Medical Marijuana at School.” The law allows school personnel to administer medical marijuana, in a non-smokeable form, to students who qualify.
In a letter Hickenlooper wrote to the Colorado House of Representatives, he said lawmakers spoke to parents whose children use medical marijuana.
“We find their reasoning and advocacy very compelling, especially that of Ms. Hannah Lovato and her son Quintin who inspired the bill,” he wrote in the letter. “Their message was overwhelmingly persuasive, and we sign this bill today with much admiration for Quintin and expect great things in the future from this impressive young man.”
To weigh in on this information provided by KANSASCITY.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting KANSASCITY.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds