REPORT: Colorado school nurses can dispense marijuana
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by KANSASCITY.COM:
A third-grade student who uses medical marijuana to help with his seizures inspired Colorado lawmakers to sign a bill that allows school nurses to administer the medicine to students who qualify.
The bill, known as “Quintin’s Amendment,” is named after third-grader Quintin Lovato, KDVR reported. The amendment expands on “Jack’s Law,” which allows Colorado children to take medical marijuana to school.
Quintin, 9, has three types of seizures and Tourette syndrome, the TV station reported. In January, he weaned off of drugs that made him “extremely hard” to deal with and began using a cannabis oil called Haleigh’s Hope.
The article goes on to state the following:
Earlier this month, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed House Bill 18-1286, “School Nurse Give Medical Marijuana at School.” The law allows school personnel to administer medical marijuana, in a non-smokeable form, to students who qualify.
In a letter Hickenlooper wrote to the Colorado House of Representatives, he said lawmakers spoke to parents whose children use medical marijuana.
“We find their reasoning and advocacy very compelling, especially that of Ms. Hannah Lovato and her son Quintin who inspired the bill,” he wrote in the letter. “Their message was overwhelmingly persuasive, and we sign this bill today with much admiration for Quintin and expect great things in the future from this impressive young man.”
To weigh in on this information provided by KANSASCITY.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting KANSASCITY.COM
Trending on DML News
- Hillary raises over $150k in just a few hours for illegals, DML responds
- POLL: Should kids be separated from illegal alien parents at border?
- BREAKING: Peter Strzok escorted out of FBI building amid investigation
- DML TV: Hillary says Trump spreading downright lies about border, DML responds
- UPDATE: Ex-CIA engineer charged in connection to huge breach known as Vault 7
- REPORT: Florida mom arrested after leaving 3-year-old in car for 12 hours
- REPORT: Trump plan to claw back billions in spending facing uncertain future
- REPORT: Kansas Judge Rules on Law Requiring Voters to Show Proof of Citizenship
- REPORT: ICE demands apology from New Yorker over tattoo claim
- BREAKING: L.A. sheriff’s detectives seize over 500 firearms from felon’s home (photos)