REPORT: Confederate monuments to pay the price for Northam scandal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Embattled Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam says that he wants to take down Confederate statues and monuments in the state.
“I will take a harder line,” Northam told the Washington Post amid a scandal stemming from a racist photograph on his medical school yearbook page. “If there are statues, if there monuments out there that provoke this type of hatred and bigotry, they need to be in museums.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Northam is facing calls to resign after a his page from the 1984 yearbook that includes an image of an individual in blackface and another in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood surfaced. Northam, who initially apologized for the photo, later claimed he is neither of the individuals in it but appeared in blackface as Michael Jackson for a dance competition that same year.
In his first sit-down interview since the photo came to light, Northam insisted that he would commit the rest of his three years as governor to the fight for racial equality.
Confederate monuments to pay the price for @RalphNortham‘s blackface scandal
The VA governor vows harder stance against racism after waves of criticism and demands that he resign.https://t.co/3in3cwkFyK
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 10, 2019
Northam signals Confederate monuments stance may be changing. “I will take a harder line. If there are statues, if there monuments out there that provoke this type of hatred and bigotry, they need to be in museums.” https://t.co/xVWY21TqSx
— Patricia Sullivan (@psullivan1) February 9, 2019
After racist photo and calls for his resignation, Northam vows to take down Confederate monuments. https://t.co/6HChBarFi5
— Corey Stewart (@CoreyStewartVA) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: North Carolina father of 6 has neck broken by ‘intense’ wave, killing him in ‘freak accident’
- VIDEO: Teen now permanently blinded as mystery illness progresses after going on cruise
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- REPORT: California couple arrested after strangling newborn baby in hospital, police say
- REPORT: Democrats to face off against a reluctant Mueller
- TEAM DML subscription service. Buy Now.
- REPORT: Trump says he has signed proclamation curbing asylum
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy