REPORT: Conservative column on transgender issue removed from website because other employees complained
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Business Insider, the popular news and entertainment website, removed a column it published by one of its right-leaning authors, reportedly because other employee’s at the site complained that it was insensitive.
The offending piece, written by Daniella Greenbaum and published Friday, defended a filmmaker’s decision to cast Scarlett Johansson to play the role of a transgender man, which some writers had criticized.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Business Insider removed the column because, upon further review, we decided it did not meet our editorial standards,” reads an editor’s note on the page that previously featured the column.
In the piece, Greenbaum argued that criticism of Johansson was unfair and that the actress was simply performing her job in pretending to be someone else for the film.
According to the report, the Daily Beast broke the story and said Nich Carlson, Business Insider’s global editor in chief, wrote in an email to employees that in the future, “culturally sensitive columns, analysis, and opinion pieces” would need approval from the site’s executive editor.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- VIDEO: Donald Trump’s feud with McCain family escalates: ‘I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be’
- VIDEO: Someone in State Dept likely involved in bid to take down Trump
- CLAIM: Trump Lied About Assets, Worth to Get Deutsche Bank Loans
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Democrats’ call to expand the Supreme Court
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- REPORT: Lori Loughlin’s daughter, Olivia Jade, reportedly didn’t fill out her own college application