REPORT: Conservative group ordered to reveal donor list to law enforcement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the conservative nonprofit group Americans for Prosperity Foundation, founded by billionaires Charles and David Koch, must disclose its donor list to California law enforcement.
In 2016, U.S. District Court Judge Manuel Real issued a permanent injunction against the state’s rule requiring that the nonprofit file its list of donors. Americans for Prosperity argued that it was a violation of the First Amendment. Disclosing the list, they contended, would dissuade potential and current donors from giving, and it would expose donors to threats and harassment.
The article goes on to state the following:
The three-person panel of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco unanimously reversed the injunction. In a 41-page opinion written by Judge Raymond Fisher and joined by Judges Richard Paez and Jacqueline Nguyen, Fisher argues that, “The mere possibility that some contributors may choose to withhold their support does not establish a substantial burden on First Amendment rights.” The group failed to show that there would be a significant burden on donors if the state had access to the list.
Koch-backed charity must reveal donor list to California state officials, appeals court rules
— Matea Gold (@mateagold) September 11, 2018
New: Koch-backed charity must reveal donor list to California state officials, appeals court rules https://t.co/HjB0Yz7NLC
— Michelle Ye Hee Lee (@myhlee) September 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter