REPORT: Conservative group ordered to reveal donor list to law enforcement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the conservative nonprofit group Americans for Prosperity Foundation, founded by billionaires Charles and David Koch, must disclose its donor list to California law enforcement.
In 2016, U.S. District Court Judge Manuel Real issued a permanent injunction against the state’s rule requiring that the nonprofit file its list of donors. Americans for Prosperity argued that it was a violation of the First Amendment. Disclosing the list, they contended, would dissuade potential and current donors from giving, and it would expose donors to threats and harassment.
The article goes on to state the following:
The three-person panel of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco unanimously reversed the injunction. In a 41-page opinion written by Judge Raymond Fisher and joined by Judges Richard Paez and Jacqueline Nguyen, Fisher argues that, “The mere possibility that some contributors may choose to withhold their support does not establish a substantial burden on First Amendment rights.” The group failed to show that there would be a significant burden on donors if the state had access to the list.
Koch-backed charity must reveal donor list to California state officials, appeals court rules
— Matea Gold (@mateagold) September 11, 2018
New: Koch-backed charity must reveal donor list to California state officials, appeals court rules https://t.co/HjB0Yz7NLC
— Michelle Ye Hee Lee (@myhlee) September 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: BuzzFeed News editor crushed by Twitter for jab at Trump over Sri Lanka bombings
- VIDEO: Up to 300 teenagers involved in brawl at amusement park
- BREAKING: Nunes files HUGE lawsuit alleging conspiracy to derail Clinton, Russia probes