REPORT: Conservative group ordered to reveal donor list to law enforcement
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the conservative nonprofit group Americans for Prosperity Foundation, founded by billionaires Charles and David Koch, must disclose its donor list to California law enforcement.
In 2016, U.S. District Court Judge Manuel Real issued a permanent injunction against the state’s rule requiring that the nonprofit file its list of donors. Americans for Prosperity argued that it was a violation of the First Amendment. Disclosing the list, they contended, would dissuade potential and current donors from giving, and it would expose donors to threats and harassment.
The article goes on to state the following:
The three-person panel of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco unanimously reversed the injunction. In a 41-page opinion written by Judge Raymond Fisher and joined by Judges Richard Paez and Jacqueline Nguyen, Fisher argues that, “The mere possibility that some contributors may choose to withhold their support does not establish a substantial burden on First Amendment rights.” The group failed to show that there would be a significant burden on donors if the state had access to the list.
Koch-backed charity must reveal donor list to California state officials, appeals court rules
— Matea Gold (@mateagold) September 11, 2018
New: Koch-backed charity must reveal donor list to California state officials, appeals court rules https://t.co/HjB0Yz7NLC
— Michelle Ye Hee Lee (@myhlee) September 11, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio after her husband rips on Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol releases ANOTHER video of migrants destroying new wire on fence (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- BREAKING: Democrat Stacey Abrams Ends Bid For Georgia Governor, Decrying ‘Suppression’
- REPORT: Migrants won’t see armed US soldiers on border
- REPORT: Michael Avenatti is evicted from his law offices in Newport Beach
- REPORT: Woolsey fire destroys movie director’s home, burns entire life savings in ‘fire-proof’ safe (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels explodes on Twitter in rant at airline over lost luggage before speech
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio amid media coverage of her husband
- VIDEO: President Trump responds to ruling on Acosta press pass