REPORT: Cops blast California sanctuary city policies after previously deported illegal immigrant arrested for murder
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The San Jose police chief blasted California’s sanctuary city policies Tuesday after a previously deported illegal immigrant with a long rap sheet was arrested for murder in the brutal stabbing of a 59-year-old woman.
Chief Eddie Garcia said the murder of Bambi Larson, who was killed inside her home Thursday afternoon, demands that police and the county have an honest conversation over the refusal to honor U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainer requests for violent criminals.
“This isn’t about politics, this is about public safety,” Garcia said during a press conference Tuesday, during which he also spoke about the arrest of 24-year-old Carlos Eduardo Arevalo Carranza. “He could have been turned over six times.”
The article goes on to state the following:
In the Los Angeles and Santa Clara counties, the 24-year-old had been arrested six times – the most recent for allegedly possessing methamphetamine and paraphernalia in January.
“How many more people have to be killed or injured before California lawmakers will open discussions to revise the state policy prohibiting local law enforcement agencies from working with ICE to apprehend dangerous criminal aliens?” Bonnar said in a statement. “It’s unfortunate that our communities face dangerous consequences because of inflexible state laws that protect criminal aliens. These sanctuary policies have unintended, but very real, and often tragic consequences to public safety.”
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Ilhan Omar, Somali refugee elected to Congress, embodies ‘failed immigration system’
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a great way to display your patriotism
- BREAKING: Republican Congressman posts ‘Twitterstorm’ calling for Trump’s impeachment
- VIDEO: ‘American Idol’ judge flooded with complaints about ‘horrible decision’ on show
- BREAKING: Leaked records reveal shocking allegations against Tony Robbins
- BREAKING: Huge group of 325 Central Americans apprehended at border in Arizona (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Joe Biden’s affectionate, physical style with women comes under scrutiny
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- POLL: Do you support ICE’s decision to drop off migrants in U.S. counties?
- UPDATE: Trump Plan Mandates E-Verify, Protecting U.S. Jobs for Americans