REPORT: County sheriff closes gun stores ‘one by one’ after they’re deemed nonessential
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department visited every gun store in its jurisdiction to ensure they were closed after the governor shuttered all nonessential businesses.
Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom ordered residents to stay at home to mitigate the spread of the coronavirus earlier this month. As part of that policy, all businesses deemed nonessential by the state were ordered to close, including gun stores.
The article goes on to state the following:
According to a report from Fox LA, Sheriff Alex Villanueva vowed to check on each gun store individually to make sure they are abiding by the governor’s order, explaining, “We will be closing them, they are not an essential function.”
FOXLA reporter Bill Melugin shared in a two-part Twitter statement, “BREAKING: LA County Sheriff tells me he is beginning to close county gun stores immediately. Deputies are currently going to the stores one by one to order them shut down. Sheriff to utilize scofflaw violations for any gun store still open after he deemed them nonessential @FOXLA.”
“The Sheriff told me he is a gun owner himself, supports 2nd amendment, but believes too many first time buyers are panicking and bringing guns into homes where people are locked down, which he believes is recipe for disaster with potential accidental shootings,” he added.
The Sheriff told me he is a gun owner himself, supports 2nd amendment, but believes too many first time buyers are panicking and bringing guns into homes where people are locked down, which he believes is recipe for disaster with potential accidental shootings. @FOXLA
— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) March 24, 2020
California police will investigate each gun store “one by one” to ensure they are closed. https://t.co/FsYgBsEixD
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 24, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Legendary country singer/songwriter in critical condition
- BREAKING: China makes admission about coronavirus whistleblower doctor punished by police, who died from the virus
- REPORT: Chinese markets still selling bats and slaughtering dogs, cats, rabbits in gruesome market scene
- REPORT: Major retailer to close all stores in the US to limit coronavirus spread
- REPORT: New York nurse shares chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show ‘the ghastly reality’
- VIDEO: Dr. Fauci estimates when social distancing guidelines can be lifted
- UPDATE: Newborn baby, world’s youngest coronavirus victim, status update
- BREAKING: Former longtime AZ sheriff Joe Arpaio makes big announcement
- REPORT: Top US bank warns recession is already here: ‘Jobs will be lost, wealth will be destroyed’
- REPORT: NY hospitals treating coronavirus patients with VITAMIN after promising results