REPORT: Court battle launched over anti-sanctuary law in California city
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by LA Times:
A small Orange County city at the center of the anti-sanctuary movement in California has been sued for enacting an ordinance that exempts it from the state’s sanctuary laws, which were designed to protect immigrants in the country illegally.
On Wednesday, a Los Alamitos pastor, an attorney who lives and works in the city and a group of concerned residents called Los Alamitos Community United joined forces with several immigrant rights groups — including the American Civil Liberties Union — to launch the lawsuit.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Los Alamitos’ illegal ordinance causes serious harm to my ability to serve my congregation,” the Rev. Samuel Pullen of Community Congregational United Church of Christ in Los Alamitos said. “Immigrant worshippers are less likely to come and participate in church services because of their fear that Los Alamitos and its law enforcement officials are helping deport members of our community.”
The lawsuit asks the court to declare the city ordinance illegal and to order Los Alamitos leaders to comply with the California Values Act, which took effect Jan. 1 and limits local law enforcement’s cooperation with federal immigration authorities in most cases.
To weigh in on this information provided by LA Times, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Special note from DML News: It’s time to demand that Congress take action and implement tougher immigration laws to protect our borders and STOP the flood of illegal aliens coming into the United States.
“They Come to America I, II, and III.” Produced by DML News CEO and documentary filmmaker, Dennis Michael Lynch, these powerful documentaries show you the border and the costs of illegal immigration in a way you’ve never seen before. The three films are now packaged into one complete DVD case, called the “TRILOGY.”
These eye-opening films are being utilized to get the attention of Congress, in order to fight against proposals of amnesty and help secure our borders. Now, for a limited time, anyone who purchases the TRILOGY will receive a second FREE TRILOGY set to send to the White House or Congress members.
CLICK THE “BUY NOW” BUTTON BELOW TO ORDER TODAY.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting LA Times
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…