REPORT: Court battle launched over anti-sanctuary law in California city
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by LA Times:
A small Orange County city at the center of the anti-sanctuary movement in California has been sued for enacting an ordinance that exempts it from the state’s sanctuary laws, which were designed to protect immigrants in the country illegally.
On Wednesday, a Los Alamitos pastor, an attorney who lives and works in the city and a group of concerned residents called Los Alamitos Community United joined forces with several immigrant rights groups — including the American Civil Liberties Union — to launch the lawsuit.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Los Alamitos’ illegal ordinance causes serious harm to my ability to serve my congregation,” the Rev. Samuel Pullen of Community Congregational United Church of Christ in Los Alamitos said. “Immigrant worshippers are less likely to come and participate in church services because of their fear that Los Alamitos and its law enforcement officials are helping deport members of our community.”
The lawsuit asks the court to declare the city ordinance illegal and to order Los Alamitos leaders to comply with the California Values Act, which took effect Jan. 1 and limits local law enforcement’s cooperation with federal immigration authorities in most cases.
To weigh in on this information provided by LA Times, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Special note from DML News: It’s time to demand that Congress take action and implement tougher immigration laws to protect our borders and STOP the flood of illegal aliens coming into the United States.
“They Come to America I, II, and III.” Produced by DML News CEO and documentary filmmaker, Dennis Michael Lynch, these powerful documentaries show you the border and the costs of illegal immigration in a way you’ve never seen before. The three films are now packaged into one complete DVD case, called the “TRILOGY.”
These eye-opening films are being utilized to get the attention of Congress, in order to fight against proposals of amnesty and help secure our borders. Now, for a limited time, anyone who purchases the TRILOGY will receive a second FREE TRILOGY set to send to the White House or Congress members.
CLICK THE “BUY NOW” BUTTON BELOW TO ORDER TODAY.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting LA Times
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice sends letter, has ‘beginning stages of dementia’
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- VIDEO: Obama comments on improving economy
- REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement